1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

please help g221 issued to my wife.

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by narendra123, Nov 3, 2010.

1. narendra123

narendra123 New IL'ite

hi,

I am working on L1b visa in Alabama and i had applied for my family L2 visa (wife and 4 yr old son). Since i was already here they asked her to submit following docs.
    Federal tax returns and W2 for tax years. I asked my employer for all this documents they refused to give this documents. I would like to ask what should be done to clear her visa , i am coming back to india next month can i personally attend the interview with family? so that i can try and convince officer as the document he is asking is totally unwarranted as i am not getting Salary over there and i just went there 5 months backs and would to take my family there for next 6 months till visa expires. please advice me

2. sree3

sree3 Bronze IL'ite

Please post your query on moorthy forums and immihelp as well. Those are solely for immigration issues, you may also find someone who were in the same situation as you are in now. Good Luck with everything.

3. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

1. Write a nice letter addressing the consulate officer saying "I came to USA on L1 Visa(attach a copy of the visa approval, your I-94 etc) on (date of your entry). Since I have not yet completed the required time to file any US taxes(if I need to file any), I didnt file any tax returns.
    2. Get a letter from your L1 visa employer saying that you have entered into US 5 months back on their L1 Visa.

I am confused here:
    How can you ask your employer for the tax returns and W2s when you came to USA just 5 months back? How do they would have (as a matter of fact, any one in this world) without filing tax returns so far?

Bottom line: Dont be panic about the refusal letter. Keep thinking logically about why did they ask? What you had? What are the additional evidences that you can gather to prove your correct logical reasoning. Be cool and win the race.

4. narendra123

narendra123 New IL'ite

Ok , I will try that what u said anyway next month i am going back to india. Thanks for reply

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Narendra,

You cannot go for Visa consulate with your family .that is NOT allowed.

Did the Consulate ask for your Tax returns or the tax returns filed by your company ?

If it is yours then follow SreeSri's suggestion write a letter with all the details.

if they are asking for company papers, then its your company responsibility to provide that . If they say no , then you cannot do anything.