1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please help for tummy reduction

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by lightlite, Sep 15, 2010.

1. lightlite

lightlite New IL'ite

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> Hi ladies,
    I have been a silent reader of indusladies and I have posted one or two replies here and there. My main problem is my tummy.

Before my marriage I had tummy and I did crunches to reduce it but with no results. After my first delivery the tummy has gone till I feeded my kid. When I stopped feeding my tummy came back in a week. The same thing happened for my second kid.

I am 38 years old and both my deliveries were C-Section.

I am a vegetarian and I eat rotis 2 times a day, have rice 2 or 3 times a week and also I eat bread. I eat lots of vegetables and fruits.I eat melons in the night and some times banana.

Now I am doing 40 minutes of walking, followed by 100 crunches and kapalapathi.I am doing this for more than 3 months , but my tummy remains the same. I do all the household work and apart from the routine exercise I drop and pick-up my first kid by walking 4 kms a day.

Ladies, can u please suggest ways to reduce my tummy.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi dear,
    the best thing to do is join gym and if you cannot join gym then do brisk walking everyday for 3o mins as you are just concentrating on your tummy by doing crunches it does not help, you need to work out your entire body and you will see a difference.
    Reduce your rice intake and have bread once a week, include a protien everydy in your diet. please join us in the weight loss thread in the keep fit and maintain shape forum and there are many ladies who have seen difference in their tummy.
    Drink at least 2 litres of hot water everyday.
    love
    alpa:cheers

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I agree with Alpa.

Drink hot/warm water(min of 2 litres)

Brisk walking for atleast 45 mins

Climb stairs as and when required.

Reduce rice intake

I have got benefited:thumbsup

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Alpha & RG have given nice tips.

Somethings to think over:
    1. Are you doing the crunches right?;-).Few years back when I started my abdomen session I used to do so many crunches but never saw any tummy reduction.Then my aerobics instructor corrected the way I did my crunches and I could see the results.
    2. Are you sleeping right after food(lunch or dinner)?

5. lightlite

lightlite New IL'ite

Thank u Alpa, RG and Bhuvnidhi. I hope i am doing the crunches correctly. I dont sleep in the afternoon and also in the night i finish my dinner by 7 or 7.30 and will be going to sleep only by 9.30.

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lightlite,
    what i would suggest you do is that join a gym for at least a few month so you get the hang of doing ab's and other exercises properly, it will really help you.
    Alpa:cheers

7. lightlite

lightlite New IL'ite

I will do it very soon alpa. Thanks a lot

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lightlite,
    You are welcome, actually the gym will really help you and you will see a change in your body and you too will feel great about yourself.
    love
    alpa:cheers

9. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    Tummy is the main problem for all.Check Ramdev's 10 asanas for decreasing motapa & try each aasana everyday 5 to 50 times according to how much fatty u are.It's very effective.Among chkki chalan is most effective.Check in youtube for more details.

10. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Hello there,
    I had the same issue for eternity…I read an article longtime back about the same & formed my own three-step routine. (worth a million :))
    1. Drink plenty of water after lunch till an hour before bed time.
    2. Does not matter what you eat; just make sure you burn more calories, whatever way you are comfortable with.
    3. The third & most important step is the three-step routine.
    a. Right before you sleep & the moment you wake up, when lying down in bed,
    Lift your left leg from hip onwards, keeping your right leg on the bed. Don’t bend your knees. Try to keep the leg above the bed as long as possible. Do the same with the other leg too. You will certainly feel it in the abdomen. Try to keep afloat as long as possible. This is very easy & an ab-cruncher.
    b. Before breakfast or Dinner, while standing straight, slowly bend your knees. Stop, when you feel it in the lower stomach & stay in the position as long as possible.
    c. The last one is relatively simple. While in the shower, take a deep breath & hold it as much as possible & then release the breath very slowly.
    You may repeat Step 3 as much as you want as long as you enjoy doing it. The best part of this routine is I get to eat what I like as long as I burn it off and most importantly my tummy, especially the Bermuda triangle is tucked in…Good luck..& let me know in a week.
    Remember…If I can do it…you can do it with ease.