Please Guide.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by messedup, Aug 13, 2018.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello All.....from the day I joined IL I am improving on many things with all of yours guidance and support. I really cannot describe how much it helped me. Here again I am messed up with my life and looking for the proper guidance.

As most people here know that I live in a very big house. I don't describe it to show off anything but I just want to explain how much one has to struggle to live in such house. I am tired of cleaning but not able to touch all places even once in more than a month. But this is not about cleaning.

I am a homemaker. My h has a job and has good salary package. But the problem is he has taken a huge loan for the construction. He is also diabetic and obese. He is not able to take care of his health due to this. He don't sleep properly at night don't eat on time and always stay worried for repayment and other expenses. I am pg but my kids are small and also I am at home from last 7 years. I just get 3 hours when yo goes to school to finish all the chores. Still I cannot see him dying like this. Please guide me what can I do to help him. Should I look for some options to earn? Then tell me some options or what else can I do so that he can get a better life.

Thank you for reading. Regards M.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

First concentrate on your husband;s health, tell him the importance of it.
    Look for various diet plan which was practical to follow . Once he start having faith in eating healthy and seeing results he will continue it.

In my opinion your first concern should be to improve towards a better healthy life partner. even 100 steps after eating crates lots of difference.

messedup likes this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I do try this but each day a different story and nothing he do for his health. Still I understand this is the most important thing and will try and give more efforts towards this. Thanks.

4. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:hello: hi sis, as @ashima10 ma'am said proritise on your husband's health.
    1. Try kapalapathi and nadishudhi yoga everyday...this would help in skull purification which would help our brain to focus in what we do, helps in weight loss, for sound sleep...please do browse abt these yoga's it's very simple and effective too. But whatever steps you take you need to have faith in yourself to overcome the scenario.....

2. Try work from home job sis as a freelancer and also if possible cut unwanted expenses.

3. If your in laws can take care of ur kids and if ur interested to go out and work....you try can that as well. Maids also could be arranged but need to find trustworthy person.

Not sure if this would help you...I wish you will find some solution soon and get rid of this phase. Goodluck and take care.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    ranju5 and messedup like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

@messedup,

Baby steps! You are aware of the problem and you want to help. Awesome. I would suggest to gently nudge him to walk with you - keep a routine either a early morning walk or an evening walk. Nothing that sounds like an exercise regimen but something to unwind and relax and yet take some steps, literally and figuratively. Do you think that is possible?

All of us need that gentle nudge or push. Once both of you get used it, you can think about bringing changes to that with health as target.

Think of positivity thread - like one positive thought a day, one positive step a day. You can do this!!

messedup likes this.
  6. Varshachennai

Varshachennai New IL'ite

Hi,
    First priority is health. If you have everything and not a Healthy family, everything is a waste and useless.

Try to have dinner by 8 pm and sleep by 9:30-10 pm. Join your husband for a morning walk or early morning yoga session

Give him breakfast in the morning, 3 chapatis with curry in the noon and compulsorily vegetables and fruits at night

Do this religiously for 3 months and then post the result in this forum

All the best

messedup likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Attached Files:

messedup likes this.
  8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks. Yes it is required. Will try my best.

9. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Srama likes this.
  10. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

My sincere advice is to go to doctor(diabetologist) or nutritionist and get a diet chart.
    Incase you already have it cook/arrange the same food.
    Exercise is good to fight against insulin resistance.
    Stress should come down and healthy sleep hours are to be maintained as a first step to fight against obesity.
    Take one at a time .
    Green tea with a pinch if cinnamon or a table spoon of coconut oil is good to start the day with as it controls insulin spikes for rest of the day.
    Assure him only if he is in good health everything is going to be okie otherwise the family cannot be in a happy state inspite of good lifestyle.

messedup and shravs3 like this.