1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please guide me regarding diet for 10 months baby...

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by anjubhaskar, Feb 3, 2010.

1. anjubhaskar

anjubhaskar New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <title></title> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Linux)"> <style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> Hi sisters,
    My son is 10 months old. I am a working woman. This is his diet plan.
    Do I need to change it or introduce anything else? I dont know what to give at dinner time.

Morning BM/ Nan2 milk (6-7am)
    Breakfast rice+dal+veggies+ghee (8-9 am)
    In this I am adding carrots and beans daily. Tomato, potato, peas, spinach(very little), cabbage as optional.

Chikku, banana some days(12pm)

Lunch wheat cerelac with friuts (2 pm)

In between Nan2

Dinner time, I tried to give curd rice, rasam rice. But he is eating very little amount :(
    Some days, he will drink only BF/Nan2 at dinner time.
    Yesterday I gave him dinner same as lunch.

Since I am buying idly batter from outside, I am afraid to give idly. Rarely I will give pongal.

Is this diet enough for my child???? I think it is not. But I dont know what to give as dinner? What else can i give? please give some ideas:idea......

Sisters please guide me. He is very active. Doctor is telling his weight growth is normal. But I am feeling that this food is not enough for him.

Suggestions and guidance please.....
    Anju

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

What do you eat for dinner? The best thing is to eventually get the baby to eat what the family eats. In our house dinner is tiffin so thats what I started for my DS at that age - idli, dosa, upma, pasta, chappati etc. A 10 month old should be able to eat everything on that list with some adjustments for spiciness. So I would suggest that you get your baby in sync with the family eating schedule as thats easiest for everyone in the long run.

Vanathi.

3. anjubhaskar

anjubhaskar New IL'ite

Thank U Vanathi for ur guidance. :) :) :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

u can give oats cooked with apple and milk.
    or daliya[broken wheat]cooked with jaggery and little cardamom and u can add milk in this.