Please guide me about checkups post 36 weeks if GD no still high at times

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by riyasen2015, May 24, 2015.

1. riyasen2015

riyasen2015 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have GD, declined meds & still managing with diet but 3\10 times get high 1 hr post meal numbers (btw 140-143). I had a scan done at 35.4 weeks and it showed gestational age of 36.4 weeks with baby’s wt. 6lbs 6 oz. Since I still get high numbers, what checkups I should have now until delivery. At my last 36 weeks visit my OBGYN only checked heart beat & measured from outside (no cervical exams). Now I have my 38 weeks aptt in 5 days. I am really concerned if I go until my due date, can it create risk for certain things which can be checked before ?. Also when they check AFI levels ?

I didn’t try any exercises yet & overall my pelvic area is really stiff. I have seen few poses on this forum but would like to know like at what point I should start doing few of these exercises to ease labor (can I try these even 1-2 before due date)

I have a choice to pick level 2 or level 3 facility for my delivery. They say difference is that level 3 is also a teaching facility where residents can perform deliveries. But in terms of technology and adverse situations, both facilities can handle equally. Is it true ( I am not sure if having GD etc I should pick level 2 or 3 facility

Thanks
    Riya

2. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Hello Riya,

What about your Fasting levels. Is it in the Range???

3. riyasen2015

riyasen2015 New IL'ite

Hi Swasha,

Thanks a lot for your prompt responase. Yes they are good like below 74 always.
    I have been reading about braxton hicks but still haven't experienced. When approx I should start to have them ?. Also are fluid levels only checked with ultrasound ?

Thanks

4. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Hi Riya,
    Fluid levels can be checked thro u/s.
    If ur sugars are not controlled then your fluid levels may prone to be more.
    Diagnosed GD around 22 weeks and am on insulin now.
    Even then and there my levels went out of range and then
    As expected on borderline more fluid. Pl discuss with your gynec regarding ur birth plan. Already ur baby is ahead of g.age. so as much as early sugar levels of Baby needs to be checked ( born to GD mother ).
    Good luck

5. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Riya,

Good that your fasting levels are in Range. Regarding the other levels, Normally they should be below 120 after 2 hrs of Post meals and 140 after 1 hr. Seems you are controlling well with the Diet. you said your are having 140-143 range in 3 out of 10 times, I feel it is Ok as it is not too high. But have a talk with your doctor to clear your dilemma. Regarding the braxton hicks, they are false contactions that happens to pregnant women, when they occur you feel your stomach is tigntening like a rock.

AFI is calculated through Ultrasound and always check with your lab technician/doctor whether it is in the range when ever you undergo a test.

Hope It helps.

All the best for your pregnancy.