1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Please give your suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by kavyster, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    We have given one room for a tenant. This girl just started off staying from last two weeks. I have noticed that this girl leaves the light for whole night and sleeps with the light. Mainly the problem is we have given the room including bills.

IF she sleeps whole night with the lights on, i would be running into huge bills, how should i tell her without hurting. What is the best way to tell her.

Thanks,

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Kavyster,

One suggestion is : why dont you lend her your Night-Lamp and suggest her to use that .
    Tell her in a sweet-concerned manner : hey, i have been seeing the light on through the night, are you comfortable with the room , why dont u try using the night-lamp.

she would then give you a reason of why she does that. If she is scared of sleeping alone or of darkness, then night lamp should solve it.
    or if its just lazyness to go and put it off, find a solution for that.

3. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Thanks for the suggesstion. I dont have a night lamp i have to buy, but even though if she keeps the night lamp all the night even then it consumes electricity amounting to good bill for a month.

4. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Kav,
    See if you can get a night light. It consumes a lot less electricity.They use only like 5-6 watt bulb. Parhaps the tenant is afraid of the dark and its a habbit for her to sleep with the light on.
    But in anycase, bring it up to her in a cosiderate way.

Thanks,
    OOPALL

5. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Friends, i will buy a night lamp and see. One more thing i wanted to ask the bulb in the room is a 14watt energy saver bulb, so do you think i need not worry if the light is on for 12hrs for 31days.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kavyster,

sorry i dont know how this works in zimbabwe.

7. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

But Normally speaking for countries like US and UK how does this work in amount, so that will have an idea and convert the same .

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

kavyster is posting this in USA forum. So I have a feeling that she is in US, despite the location saying she is in Machu-Pichu! :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Kavyster,
    There is no mention of how much exactly a 14 watt energy saver bulb might use(I could find some results while googling, which were not consistent - varied from $2 to $11/month if left on for 24 hours a day). But, check this link, you might be able to get a vague idea(based on 10 watt bulbs)
    www dot cryer dot co dot uk/brian/misc/how_much_electricity dot htm
    (subs 'dot' with the actual dot as we cannot post complete links)

10. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I haven't seen the forums for the Zimbawe forums. so i have posted here. Please kindly help me. I found out that in the US currecny it would cost around 3 dollars for month. Do you think i should leave it or should i tell to the tenant that i am getting 5 dollars bill for electricity for using the the light all over the night.

Thanks