1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please give Haircut suggestions and color too - issues in looking fresh and young

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by imhappy, Oct 30, 2015.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi all!

I want to have haircut. You all will say what is a big deal in it? Go to a parlour and get hair cut.

I have similar problem as we all Indian women do. I have grown out my layers religiously since last four years to get rid of small front layers. I always like new haircut but only for a week then I hate it.

I hate it coz I do housework and workouts. When I was in high school I got blunt cut which was at my chin length. I am tall. I liked that look so much as it was very very convenient for me. Then started growing out and when I reached in college they were like below shoulder length and I got step cut. Can I say I loved my look.. I looked very pretty in my own eyes.

Then this layers and step cut thing progresses as it is. I liked those looks as I was working and half up half down looked flattering. But after getting married I started hating layers. I was home at all time, half up look made me go crazy. I started growing out all layers but now after some years I don't like my no parted look. I look like a round watermelon all the time.

Can't decide weather to go for a haircut and chop it again in layers or step or to just live with this boring look. I really like one pic of internet where lady has got shoulder length hair in razor cut but I think it's high maintenance style.

Hubby says my haur don't have any style. He says some front layers will look good. My hair are reaching my lower back. I put them in either pony or in a braid. In summers I love that I can do a big bun but it pulls my scalp and gives me headache.

Also got many greys around forehead. So bought loreal Paris casting creme gloss in dark chocolate. I want to color as I am also looking so old. Please suggest me on all this things, I want to look fresh and nice this Diwali.

2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

I had a long and straight hair reached below my hip line for many years but slowly the thickness reduced and it didn't look good at all. And also had lot of hair loss, so i always had to braid me hair and couldn't try any other hair style and also it gave a very old look. Recently after my sil suggested me to try a new look i decided to have a haircut.

My sil and my friends suggested that i go for a nice branded parlour and the stylist over there will suggest a hair style that would suit my face and said don't worry about the charges once and give it a try.

I have done layers and the length is below my shoulder, though hubby was first not happy about the length but later he said that the hair style looks very nice and can now leave lose hair as my hubby likes.

3. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Please ladies I really need suggestions

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Since you hate your hairstyle after a few days....keep hair long enough that they can be tied up .You can get the razor cut keeping your length long. Talk to the stylist and tell him to give your hair some shape that compliments your face but something you can tie up while working and workouts. Also use accessories to overcome boredom.

Also....ask the stylist to show you some easy style options with your hair.Try them out at home.

As for coloring...go for it....it will make a big difference to your appearance.If the greys are less...you can use old mascara to touch them up in am emergency.Works well for a few hrs.For a more permanent solution...go for the coloring.

Best of luck.

1 person likes this.
  5. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@sreeram thank u for first feedback. I am feeling too much confused. I like that I can put up a bun in scorching heat, but hate that it gives me a hell of a headache.

Here where I live everyone is so stylish, so I feel bad about myself as I am very very simple. And also I like to have change but fear the change too. Hair is something which takes a moment to cut and forever to grow.

Still confused between shoulder length very less back layers and my long waist length hair with a bit more of pronounced layers.

6. yellowmango

Most likely it will reduce once your hair is cut and loses some of the weight.

7. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hey @yellowmango I loved your suggestions. One more question, should I get it now as of today or tomorrow as I am getting this change for Diwali(but more for myself)?

8. yellowmango

Whenever you are ready.It is important to be ready .
    Diwali time may be too crowded .Choose a time when you can explain and get tips from the stylist. Take an appointment and ask for the least crowded time.

9. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Check for hair Salon ( Enrich , Habib etc) ..
    Even at times they cut hair in weirdo pattern,..

there are websites / apps where u can actually try by uploading ur pic , n try there hair styles.. Which looks good on ur face..

10. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Yes you are right @sonal1611, I have this experience in habibs and enrich both. I told them to give me a change in look, but there was no change after a cut and even a blowout. I looked ditto same as before.

I loved my aunt's salon. There was an amazing stylist who gave me beautiful cuts every time without sacrificing a more length. But my aunt never takes fees from me so I feel so much obligation to ask for after marriage. Before marriage it was like OK, but after I find it hard to have services free of cost. And her parlour is top parlour in my native city and of course charges are as high end as bblunt in metros for ex.

I want to go there and have a beautiful flowy haircut but too ashamed to ask for it.