1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please dont take them for granted!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Lovely.Yes it is true that we dont tell our parents that we love them when they are alive.

How sad that must have been to see yr Dad go away in front of yr eyes.What can i say, there is a lump inmy throat.You are one hell of a writer, and above all , a very very sensitve and a lovely person and daughter.

God bless u.Regards.kamal

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

That is so sweet of you to get this post here.I was so surprised because this is a very old post something I had written on joining here.

My GOD your compliments have not just made my day its made my life.Kamalji only a person who has a very loving heart can quote something like the way you said.
    The feeling is very mutual Kamalji,I think youre a fantastic human being and an absolutely wonderful father and of course a great husband.

Thankyou once again.

Regards,
    Devika

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

I am a kababi, and Sharabi fellow, writings can be deceptive.So be wary of me.Ask Sunkan.Big Laugh

I just loved what u wrote and it is so true really.

And see now i have put more burden on u, that u will be busy replying to comments on this thread from people who have recently joined and not read yr earlier blogs.

This was bad of me Big LaughAnd this has gone into my Favourites List.Thanks and regards.kamal

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear kamalji,

One thing ive learnt in life is "Do not judge a book by its cover" Aap Sharabi ho sakthe hain Kababi ho sakthe hain lekin aapka dil aaine ki tarah saaf hain .And at the end of the day thats all that counts.

So please raise a toast to that!!

Regards,
    Devika

5. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Dear Devikaji, am sorry to hear about your father. I can understand how much he meant for you.

Very nicely expressed and really we have to understand our parents and shouldn't take them for granted.

Thanks for sharing such a lovely write up!

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

DEar Devika,

HAHA.A toast to that really.Thanks for the kind words.Regards.kamal

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Thanks Senorita,

Yes i was very close to Dad .Couldnt grow up with him but still feel him with me.So i guess i a way he still lives since i follow his principles.

Thanks dear

Love,
    Devika

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi devika,
    happenned to see this post only today...thanks for reminding us...yes i too was taking them for granted though changed a lot after marriage and motherhood but yes life is too short and so i had better start acknowledging all that they have done for me immediately...sorry dear that u had to see your father passing away so suddenly in front of u...it must have taken u a long time to accept his passing away...

Mindi