1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please analyze n advice ..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Lakshmipav, Mar 14, 2016.

1. SoniaG

SoniaG New IL'ite

This is more or less the standard story with many educated women. Coming to your problem, your husband discriminates between his family and your family. There is no point in arguing with him as it will only create negativity in both and spoil your relationship.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

I fully empathize with you. I know how it feels. Unfortunately, you have married to a jerk. He doesn't know how to respect a fellow human being, and how to be nice with his own wife.
    He doesn't value you at the first place. So, don't expect respect and love from him.
    All he will do is to give you some food, some roof above your head, and a decent living under his control. That too for the smooth sailing of his own life. Selfish, but what to do?

Separating from him is out of question for you. I understand.
    Self respect is unfortunately not a fundamental living requirement for many woman.

However, you have other choices in life. Don't lose hope.

What if your job search is not yet materialized? Why can't you opt for a part time, temporary or any odd jobs like working in a patrol station, supermarket, restaurant, baby sitting, or any volunteering works at your convenience?
    With whatever the little amount you earn, polish your CV with updated knowledge.
    Create an extended level of networks, who knows one day one of your known person can refer you to a new job somewhere.

The point is, you should stay on your own feet. Have financial and other independence to expect self respect and empathy in your case.
    Don't feel bad for not having an understandable spouse. Instead embrace your own life, and see how best you can help yourself.

2 people like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,
    SGPV's advice above is really good. That is the only way you can have some independence to do what you want. Sadly there are too many men out there of this category/mindset. My advice to any girl who intends getting married by leaving her job is always to ensure she has some level of financial backing in times of need. It is never safe to leave everything on another even if it is your own husband. Till you find a job, just do what you can without expecting much from your husband. I know how bad it feels. My best wishes for your mother's speedy recovery.

1 person likes this.
  4. aishu0001

aishu0001 New IL'ite

Dear OP,

Hugs to you. Prayers for your mom for a speedy recovery.

Job search could be a hard one but try posting your resume on online job sites. The working folks in IL group can help you to polish your resume and stay positive till you find a decent job. Check with your husband, friends and neighbors if they can refer you anywhere.

I would take it as a lesson learnt and start having the financial control of your family so that your husband doesn't loan out too much to his family. You need to be the decision maker in those situations too.

5. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Baby sitting or similar small end jobs is a perfect solution to gain new contacts and your lost confidence.Dont be too fussy ,get your spirit back.

1 person likes this.