1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Please advise what i can buy from USA to take to India for my trip...

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by ShareIdeas, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I would suggest you to buy garlic peeler and Vidalia Chopper. I use this for my kitchen and it help me a lot. I have also bought this for my SILs, mom and MIL (total six) and will take it them as gift.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Lightweight unbreakable items would be the best option. Iron, stoneware are all very heavy and with the weight restrictions in half the airlines, this will cause issues.

Peelers, ginger grater, can opener, spoons that can be used with non-stick tawa (silicone spoons), lightweight throws (India is for the most part hot, so lightweight ones are better than the thick ones), wallets, purses. One thing my sister loves is the flexible cutting boards that I get in the Dollar Store...very convenient and they come in packs of 3 or so.(I got this list as these are the things my in-laws requested since good quality ones were not available in India)

If there are young kids involved:
    Tweens: jewellery making kits, "cool" purses, make up kits etc

People who have babies: Better to get them baby stuff. That is more appreciated and useful than anything for them.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Good kitchen knives, sharpening steel and sharpening stone: my favorites are the Henckel's Pro S knives
    Mandoline and vegetable spiralizer (I have the Paderno one) for creating interesting shapes and vegetable 'noodles'
    Plastic cutting boards
    Measuring spoons and cups
    Kitchen scale

4. vanillla

vanillla Silver IL'ite

Hi
    You can get makeup kit, mobile, light jacket, cordless, rechargeable batteries, massagers, handbags, watch etc.

5. 2babymom

2babymom Bronze IL'ite

I am going to India next year so I have a made a list of items to take with me. Some of the items are, cutting board, knives, silicone spatulas, cuisinart french classic line of cookware which I bought in Tjmaxx for less price, measuring spoons and cups, corningware bakeware, correlle sets, pyrex and snapware glass storage containers, good rolling pin, peeler, zester or grater, can opener, pizza cutter, vegetable steamer, flexible cutting board, comforter in safe saver bags, baking sheets and muffin pans, one large role of parchment paper, plastic wrap and aluminium foil, oil pourer, dish drying mat, oven mitt, mini spatulas to scrape the almost empty bottles, mandoline slicer, cooling rack. I think I will add some more items when we are going for good. Also I am planning to take Kitchenaid mixer which I bought one month ago but dont know how. :)

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Calcium vit year long supply only costs 10$, I don't think we can get for this less in India.
    Olive oil quality differs too in India.

As my parents old, living in small town, some healthy stuff works best for them. These are regular stuff I take for them.

I took handbags, ray ban glasses for parents/In laws one time
    Some semi precious jewlery for nieces couple of times,
    pearl strands one time for all close relatives

cute baby dolls we get in toys r us for all new born baies of close relatives and friends. They love them.

We get everything in indian city malls, but more pricier than us. Only in cities.