1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Please advice !!!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by anubal, Jul 7, 2008.

1. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi,

I have moved to a new Apartment. We have light Violet paint in the Living Room. And Pink in the bedrooms.

Can you please advice me which color curtains or drapes would suit this type of color. Also, I would like to go for lengthy silk curtains and kind of circular hangings on the top. I am not sure what they call it. But I believe, it looks good to suit the doors which opens to the Balcony.

I know stitching so if anyone can help me with good ideas, I would much appreciate that..

Thanks,
    Anu

2. mukilganesh

mukilganesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anu

With the limited info I can only say that it would be best to opt for neutral shades like white or cream for your curtains. It would be a little stifling if you also chose curtains the same colours as the walls. If the rooms are big and have lots of light then you can opt for other strong colours like dark navy blue for the living room and a dark shade of marroon for the bedroom. Make sure you follow the colours you choose thorugh to the bed linen and the cushion covers and other accessories. But if the rooms are small and have insufficient lighting, then it would be best to keep the curtains in a neutral shade, depending upon the tone of violet or pink. If they are warm shades choose the cream, but if they are cool, then choose white. The curtains don't have to be plain. You can either buy printed curtains (with small patterns in violet or pink) or buy plain curtains and stitch little embroidered designs on them. You can have tie-backs in violet or pink.
    The 'circular hangings' are known as swags.
    You can google curtains for more ideas.Ready Made Curtains and Blinds in standard sizes or altered to your exact drop

Good luck !

3. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Thanks Mukil !! Sorry I was out of IL for a while since there is no Broadband at home.

That seems a lot of information though I havent given you a whole picture ... Helps a lot.... I have actually used a Sofa cover right now which is made of silk, has lining... It is Navy blue Silk material bordered with Cream.. When we are fully settled... we would be choosing the curtains which matches with the Sofa cushions ... Thanks a lot for your help... :)

Regards,
    Anu

4. mukilganesh

mukilganesh Bronze IL'ite

You are welcome, Anu !

Hope you achieve the look you are aiming for :)