Pleasant surprise!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Sriniketan, May 13, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

A scene similar to this was witnessed by me today.

DUCKS CROSSING THE ROAD!

I am on my way to pick up a prescription from the Dr.'s office.
    Waiting for the green signal..one van was in front of me, impatiently waiting to 'take-off'.

Finally we got the green signal and was moving ahead. Suddenly the impatient van..slowly stopped and also the cars in the next lane.
    I was surprised, stopped and waited for them to move.
    To my excitement I saw a Mother Duck alongwith with her 5 ducklings crossing the road...taking its own time..slowly and here comes the Father duck behind those....still the van ahead didn't start..I was wondering what is happening...here comes the 6th duckling from the right side of the road, running here and there and finally managed to cross the road and joined its family.
    After this the traffic moved with a smile on their faces..

You know what..this is the first time I wastaking that route to the Dr's. office..the result was...I lost the way.bonk..and found it after making some turns here and there.:thumbsup..but nothing bothered me as my mind was still with the Duck family which crossed the road..:)

What a beautiful sight on a sunny day after seeing many animal-hit and run scenes on the road!

I felt very bad that I didn't take the camera with me..this picture I borrowed it from google images..enjoy the scene.

sriniketan

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

This was a common sight in the previous place where we stayed.From our living room,we could see a parade of ducks(about 20-25) on a daily basis crossing the road around 10 am and the same ducks would cross back around 2-3 pm.Since I was so jobless and had a lot of time those days,this used to be my favourite timepass:rotflI used to count them and if even one was missing,I used to look out desperately for that single wanderer!

It was indeed such a humble feeling whenever a car had to stop just for the ducks to cross..some car drivers would wait patiently while some would lose their temper!

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Srini,

Delightful surprise ! The glorious picture presented a lovely domestic scne of the Quack Quack family waddling by crossing the road.
    Your losing the way was our gain .....lovely post and picture was our gain .
    BTW , why Dr's prescription when there is a "Doctor in the House" ( book by Richard Gordon....popular writer of novels about the medical profession , he himself being a doctor)
    Hope all is well with you and yours.

4. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Big B dear

Your description itself did great job and made us to smile.
    How it would be wonderful to see it with our own eyes :))

And what a happy moment for all to stop and admiring this cute parade !!

5. Sriniketan

Sunitha,
    How lucky you are and how compassionate you are.
    I liked the gesture of that impatient driver in front of me..who immediately stopped to let go the parade...

sriniketan

6. Sriniketan

Haha...Paulina..doctor is in the house..but you know he cannot give the prescription outside his field..
    Thank you so much for your concern...all is well at this end...went to pick up the prescription for the glasses..

Very nice scene indeed..true .. in order to gain ..we had to lose one..here I lost my way..Big Laugh

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

That's right Bujji...those who are at the front..enjoyed this parade..which went on slowly without any hurry you know...beautiful and peaceful scene..
    Did my description or the picture here brought out clearly what happened yesterday? just kidding..thank you for the compliments...Bujji!:)

sriniketan

8. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Ha ha !
    I believe your description did more dear, because I had imagined the parade of white ducks with yellow beak ;))

Sunitha
    That should have been beautiful pastime.
    Wow ! At times God showers His miracle daily :)

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sri,
    what a lovely sight! we can never imagine this in chennai. atleast your description and the photo made me forget the ugly roads of chennai and the stray dogs. thank you dear for sharing.
    with love
    pad

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Those duck families are always so cute. Sriniketan, have you observed in other places the goose crossings special road sign? I always think its funny to see that sign on the road where Canada geese routinely cross. Far funnier than our cow, horse or deer crossing signs. I have even seen turtle and frog crossings!