1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Playing musical chairs!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

I am going to scribble or shall I say play 'musicial chairs'..:spin this time.

I am not mentioning the noise they make, announcing us that they need the 'moisturiser'..(the oil or the grease).:)
    I am not going to mention about 'political musical chairs' too..:hide:

What I am trying here to explain is the space, they occupy when we are about to relax,

That's what musical chair is all about...grab the available space...and win!:-(

Actually it is not about me playing it, it is things that we carry from the stores..or the things which at that point of time couldn't find a place for itself..or those things which are kept there for immediate grab...or somethings which has marked its presence permanently there,:cheers play musical chairs and most of the time, you know who wins..it is them :thumbsup

We too win sometimes, only when guests come in..and the things on the sofas or the chairs find a temporary asylum either in the closet or the boxes and of course they re-emerge once the guests are out of the house.:hide: just like the weed!

In this wordly game of musical chairs, we won and got a space to live in here...let us make use of it very wisely and also let others/living beings enjoy their space too!:thumbsup

I didn't grab this space to Computer Typing because this is the only chair which is opted out of that..'musical chair' game..:wink:

sriniketan

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi...

Ha ha ha..... Enjoyed !!

Why not removing that weed (permanently, after thorough examination by the respective owner)...after your guests left ? Just a thought !!

3. Sriniketan

Gowri,
    Very good idea..
    What's is the problem is ...the owners abandon them once they are in the chairs or sofa..:biglaugh

sriniketan

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sri I read this after a shopping spree yesterday. The sofas and the dining table are cluttered with groceries, soaps. detergemts. toothpaste etc. They really win the musical chair, we are always the losers.
    Even when guests come it is lose lose situation for us. They are more relaxed than us making themselves at home in our favourite seats.

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,
    What a great philosophy.Life itself is a musical chair.When we retire different people plan to grab different things used by us.Earlier days there used to be some delicacy but now people approach you for grabbing some thing which you are using.When an old man is sick his children discuss about partition right in his presence.The only thing that is not subject to musical chair is the husband for the wife and wife for the husband.Thank God for his mercy.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    your post brought smile to my face. you have beautifully expressed the things that is happening in all our houses.
    In my house , I usually put the extra books in some place as soon as somebody comes, safely forgetting where I have kept. When i want to place some other things, the books would smile at me. I would take the books and keep these things there again to forget.
    Your post also made me to think
    Sometimes in life, our sights are set on a particular chair – a job, a promotion, an opportunity of some kind. When you don’t get what you want, its easier to focus on the loss rather than being grateful for the current position and the potential of the next “empty chair”.Thank you dear.
    with love
    pad

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Big B,

After a break I am here to start with your post...Now tell me how does these ideas take a musical chair in your brain that you go on churning one topic after the other...

What you say is absolutely true..our living room becomes the target for these items most of the time.

The way you have summed it up is very enlightening....

8. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    nice post kept me thinking for a while
    I have something to say our great Indian tradition supports the musical chairs very much indeed helps us to clear the clutter every festival we have the habit of clearing the house dusting and removing all the derbis and thanks we do have an important festival almost every month so we are always maintaining else if we had just one or two festivals we would be growing fungus all over

radha

9. Sriniketan

Right time to read this snippet, Balajee..:)
    Haha..they can be seated only in those chairs or sofas available in the house..:)
    Maybe next time ask the guests to bring 'their own comfortable chairs' with them..:)

sriniketan

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  10. Sriniketan

What you have said here eventhough irony.. is absolutely right Sir.:-(
    True sir...kanavan/manaivi amaivadhellam iravan kodutha varam.(It is the gift of God to have (good) husband or wife).

sriniketan