Play school in K.K.Nagar / Ashok Nagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ks78vasan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. deshakhila

deshakhila New IL'ite

ah,may be I was wrong.these were some of the comments given by a mom when I tried to do some researches on the play schools in and around kk nagar.But then I also contacted a mom who is personally close to me and received a positive feedback on the zoom kids play school.I believe it is only in zoom kids that the kids are fully engaged for 2 1/2 hrs.And unfortunaltely I did not get a positive feedback on the apple kids play school which is run in kk nagar in ramasamy salai.This is again from one of my friends who has joined her kid there.on a overall score,the apple kids seems to be fine but this branch does not do well.all depends on the franchisee taken and the teachers attitude.

I again apologise for giving the comments on zoom kids.I was taken over by the comments given by just one mom.may be she was the only 1 who was not satisfied with the school.

And lastly,I heard that there is one play school which might open its branch at kk nagar and that is Roots to Wings.but not too sure.

2. coomamma

coomamma New IL'ite

Hi am so glad to see the apology from member Deshakhila. I appreciate it. My child is also an ex-student of Zoom Kids. She and we her parents love Zoom and Gargi in particular. All the alumni students and their parents are in touch, and not a single parent has anything but praise. Indus member Fulltimemom, informed us about comments on Zoom, and I have been wanting to respond for a while. Anyway here I am, mainly to share and talk about our experience with zoom. It was beautiful to say the least. I stumbled on Zoom accidently. A small banner hung, (or used to hang in front of the school). Curious I checked it and fell in love with everything - the ambience, the founder/teacher Gargi who had just returned from the U.S, the toys, the philosophy, the interactive learning method and most importantly the small size of the school. Zoom Kids is only for maximum 15-20 kids. Gargi is very firm about not expanding so she can stay actively involved and maintain the standard she has set for herself and the school. I quickly enrolled my daughter and am ever so grateful to Gargi for making my child’s first year at school such a beautiful and warm experience.
    Now my daughter is in pre-kg at PSBB now, but it is hard to let go of Zoom. We the ex-zoom kids moms, finally convinced gargi to start an after-school pre-kg English program. Kids love it and it also gives us moms an opportunity to reconnect with each other and gargi. Our goal is to now convince gargi to increase the after-school program from 2 classes a week to 3 if not 4 classes a week. Gargi seem reluctant but let us see.
    I can go on-and-on about zoom. Such a calm yet vibrant environment. And Gargi, not only runs the show, talking the talk to parents, but is behind the scene everyday with the kids teaching! Teaching is her first passion and it shows. We feel blessed. I wish every parent finds a Zoom Kids kind of playschool for their child. After all, every child deserves the best – a warm loving place to joyfully play and learn. As member Fulltimemom says once you see Zoom Kids and meet Gargi it is hard to opt for another place. Although Gargi is selective about parents she pulls to her school, she can be convinced.
    [FONT=&quot]However, I have to say locating Zoom kids can be a problem. Gargi seems to dislike banners. She used to have one small banner, but that is gone as well. She really needs to do something about this. After all it is that small banner that led me to Zoom Kids. Take care ladies and enjoy your journey with your child. Have to say this site is cool. Will revisit again.[/FONT]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  3. coomamma

coomamma New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]oops sorry ladies..began to write about some other topic, and realized i need to go to another thread for that. apologies since i am new to this. good luck with playschool research on the net.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009