Play school in K.K.Nagar / Ashok Nagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ks78vasan, Mar 13, 2008.

1. ks78vasan

ks78vasan New IL'ite

1) Is there any play school in and around K.K.Nagar / Ashok Nagar ?

2) Are Montessori Schools and Playschools different or same ?

Kindly provide the above info.

Thanks.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

3. suhail

suhail New IL'ite

I have checked in sulekha yellow pages for the creche around kk nagar/ashok nagar.I have not yet visit any of these.If anybody have idea of these day cares, pls let us know.
    I am also in urgent need of this for my 1 yr boy..If any body knows some good day cares in these area, pls post it here.

KK Nagar - Sree Murugan Play School, Little Hearts Play School,Blossom Play School
    Ashok Nagar - Amma's Care,Blossom Play School

I hope this will will b useful info.
    Computer Typing

4. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

Hi -

We are thinking of having our daughter(2 yrs) enrolled in Blue Bells play school(newly opened branch in Saligramam). Does anyone have any information or experiences with this play school? Another option we have is Apple kids in koyambedu, but we did not like the locality in which it was located..it was in a crowded street.

I would like details like -
    1) how many kids are assigned to a teacher
    2) do they take good care of the kids
    3) what are the activities or how are the kids engaged while at the school.
    4) do they use English for communication.

Please let me knoe if anyone has information to share on this...

5. Poonkodi

Poonkodi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Smitha,
    Apple kids opened new one in vadapalani.
    I would like to know about blue bells, is it good. What is the fees they are charging for preschool.

6. ToralA

ToralA New IL'ite

Try kidsplayZone in Saligramam it is near to sathya garden. It is very neat clean and homely place.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  7. rjiji

rjiji Guest

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1">
    well it really depends on what you want for your child. you seem like parent who will not settle for anything but the best.

I know of parents who have no or low expectations from playshcools, and have been satisfied with bluebells, since the kids are in safe hands. as one mom said, parents desperately want something and there is no alternative to bluebells near Padma Seshadri. So they dont complain and are happy with bluebells, as long as their child comes home with few learnt etc.

However if you dont want your child to be mostly in the care of aayahs and if you care about the classroom environment and quality of materials or english language ...this may not work.

One good thing about bluebells is the fee is low. But what this also means is they take in too many kids, it is crowded and just about everyon send their child there - the man, the bus driver, the maid etc maid sends her child to bluebells). now all kids are made in god' image, but if who your child interacts with matters to you, bluebells is not the place for you.

as for alternative...i am told an lady from the US, with masters degree and experience in will be starting an small exclusive play school near padma seshadri, k.k.nagar....but i haven't seen any signs of it yet. if i find out more, i will get back. in anycase it may be of international standards, so fees may be as high as bangalore or the adayar palyschools. it is maybe more suited for parents who want a high-end classy place.

if you want an inexpensive make-do kind of place with ayah care amd ok english....bluebells should work.

hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  8. deshakhila

deshakhila New IL'ite

As said,it really depends on how well you need ur child to groom.If you really want to have ur kid to be well mannered,i would not opt for zoom kids which is run by Gargi.The background and the way she speaks to a mom is really good enough to select that play school for ur kid.

But the service she renders for the money she grabs from u is not really woth it.there are only 2 ayammas who would take care of ur kid and non of the play tools are really given to the kid for playing.

people just get attaracted bcos she has done a course in the US.I would recommend not to put ur kid in zoom kids,rather if u r ready to pay 2K per month for a play school,then go for euro kids which is much better.

9. rjiji

rjiji Guest

Hi parents:

Hope you are keeping cool this hot summer. Moms, do take a break with a nice massage after a hectic time with your kids. Just writing to say, I am not the spokesperson for Zoom Kids. However, since i did mention Zoom as a good play school, along with euro kids, i thought i should check the the 3 points made above about Zoom Kids by the member deshakhila. i called the school and got the opportunity to talk to some of the past parents as well.

Here is what i found about all the points the member has made:

(1) Zoom has only 2 ayahs: True! Zoom kids has only 2 ayahs. But i wish member deshakhila had bothered to find out how many kids the 2 ayahs were responsible for. Ladies, Zoom Kids this last year had 2 ayahs and 1 teacher for 9 kids. That is a ratio of 1 adult to 3 Kids. If that is not a good ratio and there is a play school in Chennai, that offers a better ratio, you have to let us know. I would be the first to encourage parents to go for that school. Please go for small schools with good adult child ratio, or your kids will be lost and lonely.

(2) Kids at Zoom don't have access to playtools: False! Parents laughed when I asked about this. Apparently that is the best part of Zoom Kids. Kids have access to all the toys, they are responsible for cleaning-up as well. In fact according to some parents, even siblings of Zoom Kids students have access to the play tools. Better still, all the toys are rotated. Every 3 months kids get new materials to work with. I am sorry, but making a point about a school is fine, but it has to be factual & truthful.

(3) Gargi talks nicely to parents: True! All parents agreed to that. Gargi does not only collect the fee, but she is the teacher as well, which parents really like. Also she is always there to greet the kids and say bye. According to parents - the school, Gargi and the ayahs make it an extended home for the kids and the parents as well. Most parents remain good friends of the school, even after graduating from the school to PSBB preschool.

(4) High fee: True/False. Parents feel the fee is high, but not higher than the good schools in Chennai. It is money well spent, for all the reasons mentioned above. Gargi talks well to parents and kids, her U.S degree and the fact that she is there to teach, the 2 ayahs, the adult child ration, the access to high end play tools, the spash pool, etc etc.

It is fine to write your honest opinion in any forum. However when making specifc points as if they are facts, it is best to give the whole picture or at the least have it checked as true or false.

But hey parents at the end of the day, it is your call. As this proves, don't take anyones word for granted. Do your own research. As I have said before, call and check out the play school before you decide. Use your intuition and judgement. Only you know what will work for you and your child.

Zoom Kids is an option for some parents, but not for all. There so many options like euro kids. I am not a zoom kids or euro kids spokes person. I hope the parents will write about these schools from now. Also, I notice since I last wrote, there are lot of great play school options in this nieghborhood. there is Kanchana Patti and Chettinad in Ashok Nagar. there is Sunshine playschool near Blue Bells, K.k.Nagar.

So check it all out parents.
    take and stay cool

10. fullltimemom

fullltimemom New IL'ite

Hi ladies. My child is an ex-student of Zoom. I love Zoom Kids, so I was stunned when member rjiji called me with strange questions about Zoom Kids ayahmas and access to play tools. I asked Gargi to respond in this forum. But comments good or bad does not seem to bother her. She just laughed it out. As far as she is concerned, she is doing something she loves. Whether she has 4 kids or 20 kids (the max capacity of her school), she will continue to be true to herself and provide a program that she feels good about.

But I am not a Gandhian like Gargi, so I had to become a member and respond. My child was one of the first student to join Zoom kids, which opened on Oct 2nd 2008. A brand new school. My kiddo graduated to PSBB pre-kg this year. But he still misses Zoom kids. I felt lucky and got more than what I paid for. It was like a home. Yes there were only 2 ayamahs, but there were only 9 kids! The main teacher was Gargi herself, everyday without fail.

As for toys...i don't know where the member deshakhila got her information. My kid had complete access to all the toys and all the books as well. They were all there for kids to use. I myself, hung out at the school as did other parents on and off. So we saw how things functioned at Zoom. In fact my older son, also took advantage of Zoom toys many times, as did other Zoom kids siblings, as well as neighborhood kids. Just check-out Zoom pictures in their blog. Kids are having a ball with all the toys. I am sorry member deshakhila, but someone seems to have given you a lot of wrong information about Zoom Kids. Maybe, someone is upset with member rjiji's comments about Blue Bells and so the reaction. I don't blame them for reacting, but the points made against Zoom are so wrong.

As I said, I love Zoom Kiids, and was upset with the comments, particularly about Gargi, who is the sweetest nicest person any mom could want for her child as teacher. Other parents of Zoom are also surprised by the negative comments. Stating opinions are fine, but please don't twist and falsify facts. My child loves, Zoom! He had a great time, he learnt to speak English and Tamil there. Best part, he loves books, thanks to Zoom's emphasis on book reading. He will start pre-kg at PSBB in June. But he is coming back to Zoom, for pre-kg after school class. My older son loved the Summer Camp 2009 as well. Wish it was longer. Please check out the great pictures. Check out how much access the kids have to play tools as you call them :)