Planning to start my career all over again after 5 yrs of break

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by taashu, Apr 23, 2012.

1. taashu

taashu New IL'ite

Hii ladies,
    I need ur suggestions and inputs regarding this.
    so here is the thing I got married 5 yrs back moved to US with hubby .
    I am blessed with a beautiful angel who is now 2.5 years old..:)
    here in US i am on H-4 visa .In dec 2012 we are planning to move back to India finally for good.

After moving back to india I am planning to start my career all over again .
    I have done MCA and also worked in a MNC for 2 years but now its like everything is new for me.

i was looking through the sites from the last 6 months but got so much confused ,from where should i start my career bcoz in IT its like 8-10 hrs job and i dont want very long working hrs as i want to give time to family also.

so finally i ended up becoming a Montessori Teacher in a school with a proper diploma on that.

so I need ur inputs on this should I go ahead and take this all over new career or should I stick with my IT career or look for a job in IT only

plz plz give me some suggestion what should i do

Taashu

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Taashu,

Not only IT but even govt jobs require 8 hours on the job. Add to this the commute and preparation. Montessori teachers have lesser working hours and also no work apart from handling the classes because motessori kids dont get homework and other assignments. The decision to move into IT or not depends on your support system at home.

If you have someone at home to take care of your daughter or you can send her to a playschool nearby, you can consider moving into IT. If you dont have a support system or you are happy with the current field, continue in the same.