Planning To Move To Australia From Usa

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by jyothika, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jyothika

jyothika New IL'ite

hi friends
    We are thinking to move to Australia early next year as family.
    Please help with you suggestions. Really worried about the whole scenario and settling process
    1) how’s job scenario in it developer? Which cities has most it jobs?
    2) what are some good places in Sydney/Melbourne where we can stay as family with high school kids?
    How much of daily travel will be required to job places? Transportation options?
    3) will we have a chance to buy homes in these places with one person salary? To initially rent how much average rent in these areas?
    4) how’s the schooling? Quality and cost?

All your suggestions will be really helpful. We would like to hear how it is from our Indian community view To get a good idea

Jyothika

balakrish likes this.

2. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Is it because of the H1 scenario in USA? Opportunities in USA are second to none. Is there another reason you are considering the move?

3. jyothika

jyothika New IL'ite

Yes that is there. How is work scenario in Australia for it jobs?

4. jyothika

jyothika New IL'ite

Could you please suggest some choices were it jobs are there and good places to stay with good schools?

5. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Hi Jyothika,

I am here from past 8 years, so please see my answers as per my view.

1) how’s job scenario in it developer? Which cities has most it jobs?
    IT jobs are plenty in Sydney and Melbourne cities and mostly depend on your areas of work. However Sydney tops and Melbourne seconds. People do shift to other cities if they manage to get a good opportunity outside these two cities.

2) what are some good places in Sydney/Melbourne where we can stay as family with high school kids?
    These are populated cities and you see lots of Indians in particular suburbs, however Indians are present in every suburb. Choosing suburb depends on proximity to work, schools etc based on your choice and budget.

How much of daily travel will be required to job places? Transportation options?
    Public transport is not an issue unlike US. And people prefer public transport here due to traffic and quickest means. Trains are easy and convenient mode, light rail and buses are other options in some areas. People do travel from 30 min 1hr:30 min for their work depending on their location.

3) will we have a chance to buy homes in these places with one person salary? To initially rent how much average rent in these areas?
    One person's salary is not enough to save and buy house these days with current cost of living. Little bit saving and 2 jobs are easiest ways to own a decent house. Rent again varies from suburb to suburb. The nearness to city, more the rents. Bigger the houses and new the more. So really varies from 350 - 600$ weekly.

4) how’s the schooling? Quality and cost?
    Schooling is good here. Public schools are good in any suburb. And few suburbs are famous for top school ratings. Few are good for high school while few suburbs are good for primary. So it totally depends on your choice. But none of the schools are low in terms of any thing. Public are free for citizens and PR, private schools do charge.

Think and decide. If its only one person working for family of 4, you might have to solely depend on his job location ; just by checking for budget friendly options around the work location.

6. jyothika

jyothika New IL'ite

Thanks so much . Which city do you live? Melbourne or Sydney?
    Could please suggest some places in Melbourne and Sydney with good Indian community and schools?

7. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

Am from Sydney. Suburbs with good number Indian communities are Parramatta, westmead, Harrispark, Pendle hill, wentworthville. All these are in very next to each other, with plenty of Indian population and indian shops. Few schools in these areas very good. These are populated areas. Best schools are in Artarmon, Cherrybrook areas, north side. These are expensive areas. I am not familiar with Melbourne suburbs.

8. Guhan

Guhan New IL'ite

Hi there, I just joined this forum, if you are still looking for answers I can help with few. Let me know.