Planning for Diwali

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by ptamil2007, Oct 25, 2007.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi active members of this forum,

Coming Diwali is our first Diwali after marriage and we are sitting up north and everyone else is in India. I have already started missing the entire aura of Diwali festival in India :-(

Atleast in US, I guess there are quite some Indians to get the feeling of the festival. Ok, emotions aside, I need some tips and planning for making this first diwali a memorable one.

I am writing this well in advance because there are just two weekends left for Diwali and the next weekend November first weekend,we are travelling to Paris. So that leaves me with only this coming weekend.
    Weekdays are hectic just managing office and regular food.

Please do suggest me some sweets, some snacks for Diwali.
    I have got Diwali marundu powder from India while coming. Now how to prepare that I dont know :eek:mg:

So, please post your valuable experiences and tips so that I start writing things down and try and enjoy this Diwali.

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pavithra,

I have already given one thread, and you can go through it. I think you can easily prepare some sweets for Deepavali. Keeping Deepavali in mind I started this thread well before. So that people can try before Deepavali, and at the time of the festival they can make foolproof sweets.

Please go throough it. Let me put some savories also in that. And more over for normal savories you can visit, Krishna Jayanthi Special.
    Recipes for KRISHNA JAYANTHI ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    krishnaamma

for sweets click here.
    Traditional Sweets and Easy to Make Sweets ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    krishnaamma

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Krishnaamma.

I am trying to make a list that I can try to prepare.
    I didnt know these things before coming from India, else I could have brought that thing which they use for making thengozhal puyiradhu etc.....

We are planning to invite some of my husband's office colleagues. So dont want to have a flop show :wink:

4. krishnaamma

Dear Pavithra,

No problem. Be cheerful. Today also I put some more easy sweets in that thread. And opened one new thread for savories. You can prepare them very easily and quickly. And they will taste great. Here is the link. Please go through.

Savories for Deepavali !
    krishnaamma

Feel free to ask any help from my side. All the best.

5. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

wait for :drool more new item prepare now diwali
    where is savori recipes

6. krishnaamma

Hi Ketal,

I have already given the savories recipe. In the last post also I gave one link. Please go through this thread and you will come to know about this. ok?