1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Planner Setup - After Marriage - Ideas Neded!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nrp, Oct 29, 2015.

1. nrp

nrp New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Do you guys set up any planner for month??? How frequently do you guys update??
    How do you guys plan your grocery/vegetable shopping?
    When do you guys update the planner in regular basis?
    Planing to be little organized!!Need ideas!! I work on shifts so its difficult for me to manage!!
    I also want to startup Yoga back!! No time for it..
    If you guys have any planner for day/week/month please share!!Its very tiry to handle all the things together work, home,my aspire of learning things(technology,extracurricular)!!

Need ideas!! Please port ur docs/snapshots for examples!!

2. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

I am not working woman myself, but I do a bit of planning. Like on every Sunday evening, I think and plan out out all three meals for new week. Also vegetables I buy two times a week. Grocery shopping every 15 days as I have to go with dh to a mall.

You can go buy veggies and groceries on Sunday afternoon and get it all sorted by evening. Wash green leafy veggies and blanch them and put it in container in fridge. Especially you can use blanched spinach puree in many dishes.

Make pastes like ginger, chilli, garlic, tomato etc. It will help in all meals. If possible buy electronic chopper your work will reduce much.

I think all this will become easier as time goes and you start thinking of how can you reduce daily work burden. Make dough for rotis for 2-3 days, batters for dosa idlis,etc.

For housework, it's OK if you cannot do cleaning daily, do it thrice a week. II have worked before marriage and have done all work like this only.

For yoga I think only one thing will help is discipline. Fix a time when you know for sure that you will not ha e work shift. I think your life is much harder in itself, so you definitely need to do some sort of exercise to be healthy.

Give yourself time to figure out what you need to do to manage your day. In my suggestion take this Sunday morning to think about your schedule. Make beautiful hot tea and breakfast and take pen and paper. You will get all answers from within yourself only. Best of luck dear.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It depends... every family plan as per their convenience. There is no "one" plan that suits for everything.

In our family, we plan like this.

We do grocery shopping on the last Saturdays of each month. Veggie and meat shopping would be on a weekly basis, that too on a Saturday. For both, me and H go together.

We share the responsibilities and have individual plans for each. Eg: I take care of Kid's School meeting, fees, home work, dress, etc..etc... and have a plan and schedule for that.
    My husband takes care of bills, fueling the cars, bikes, servicing them, and any other external stuff like bringing a plumber, electrician etc... Mostly he does them on the weekend.

We usually ask the maid to mop the floor on a daily basis. Change the bed-sheets every other day, and wash the curtains and change it weekly.

Gardener's schedule would be routine as he waters in the morning, cleans and then uses fertilizers bi-weekly.

My mom would closely monitor both gardener and the maid, as she stays at home all the time.

We do laundry weekly, and prepare ready-to-cook stuff on Sundays for the week.

3 days in a week I do exercise or Yoga depending on my mood. Mostly I do it after my son has gone to After School classes in the eve.

4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I'm single but still posting here coz right now at my home I'm the most organized person in my house so mostof the planning is doneby me.
    here are my tips:-

1) plan advance for an entire week meals first. Make a chart for what you are going to make in breakfast,lunch and dinner for whole 7days.

2) write down the list of vegetables,groceries required accordingly.
    usually since vegetables spoil soon so better to buy once a week and store in fridge or twice a week if you don't have a spaicious fridge.

Groceries can be bought once a month. Buy sufficient grocerieswhich would last you approx one month according to your family size.
    3) To ease out cooking part, prepare tomato+onion paste / ginger-garlic paste on sundays and store it in fridge. Whenever you cook curries, you can simply take out the paste and use instead of cutting tomatoes and onions everytym you prepare a meal.

Similarly you can make chapati dough or idli / dosa batter in huge amount and store it in fridge. Would make your breakfast/dinner cooking easier.

Keep once a week "NO COOKING DAY" so that you also get reief from all the cooking and managing kitchen and same time enjoy an outdoormeal with your hubby or family.

Coming to yoga, well it all depends on how effectively youmanage time, because as it is said- One is never busy to do something, it all depends on priorities.

Sort out your home and kitchen management and takesome "ME" time for yourself where you can do yoga and pursue your other hobbies.

5. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Thank you nrp for starting such a thread.... On reading every one's post i am having a clear idea of how to keep yourself organised in managing a house...

I too have many times prepared a planner but couldn't execute it properly. But surely will try to implement it soon. Thanks to all.

6. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

I have a small diary in which I write all ''to do'' items.

- Bills to pay
    - Things to buy from Market
    - Travel planning etc. etc..
    - Upcoming events

Each time I go out, I prioritize the above list and make a small list out of it.

I have a folder in which I store all Bills / Payments / Bank statements etc
    after making the payments. For each item, I have a separate section inside the folder. So it is easier to refer on a later date.

Most of the payments I do via online transfer / Card Payments. So that I have
    a record available online as well. DH can also check if the payment is done or not
    regardless of his location. ( He travels a lot ).

There are many Apps available. I am not familiar with it.