Plan to settle in Chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by akalyaraju, Jun 1, 2007.

1. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Akalya, living in Sharjah. We are planning to settle down in Chennai. I would like to put my children in schools which have CBSE curriculum .Since My first son is going to the squash classes ,i would like to continue the same. Please suggest me the ideal location for it .I have been hearing lot about ICSE syllabus also. If somebody can post any comparison between the two, it wuld be a great help. Thank you fr the same.

2. geethaM

geethaM New IL'ite

Re: settling in chennai

Dear Akalya,
    Since yu r frm Sharja&yur children hv been inCBS(as yu knw Gulf countries hv only Cbse cur.)its better to put them in same in chennai.Iam frm Coimbatore residing in Kuwait fr 15 yrs.Any way its up to the child if they can coupe up with the same system!.
    Bye.
    with warm regards,
    Geetha:wave

1 person likes this.
  3. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear akalya,
    if ur sons have been studyin in cbse curriculum i suggest let them continue in it.icse is quite competetive the schools with icse syllabus are sishya and abacus as far as i know these are quite gud schools for icse syllabus.cbse u have vidya mandir mylapore and adyar then sivaswami kalalaya then psbb and also ps senior secondary school. all these are gud schools.
    difference between icse and cbse system is that icse is quite competetive and higher in standard than cbse.
    hope this info helps u.
    takecare
    luv
    pavi:wave

4. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Dear Pavithra,

Thank you for your suggestions.I will keep in touch.

5. geethaM

geethaM New IL'ite

Dear Pavi,
    I think u must be mistaken....CBSE hv more standards& strengths,bt difficult to score marks!.Bt certainly Cbse curriculam's top rated!&children frm cbse schools hv more knowledge!!.:2thumbsup:
    lov, geetha.

1 person likes this.
  6. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Hi akalya

as pavi had said,in and arnd mylapore u have a lot of cbse schools and like our children do in dubai they need not travel for long...i think i need not tell u abt mylapore area.....it has everything u can ask for...i feel cbse schools are a btr preferance to icse...

lov
    sowmi

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear akalya,
    Anna Nagar also has so many schools- DAV (both CBSE and matriculation stream), SBOA (CBSE and Matriculation), Velamma (Matriculation) to name some of the few.
    CBSE stream would be better while going for entrance tests like IIT, Pilani etc. Matriculation is suited to get high marks. Knowledge is something we accure out of our interest too.

1 person likes this.
  9. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Like always you have been really helpful. I will go through the details and keep you all informed

Love
    Akalya

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

this is my first post after a short period of absence. I have just come back from muscat. settling with the kids in school.

So from my own experience, I am a ICSE student, and my children are CBSE, I feel ICSE is more tougher. but cbse is in par with icse sans a very few areas.

The ideal location, should be your choice. what with chennai, expanding in all directions, if you are already having a flat/house in chennai then scouting for the schools in that area is more sensible. but if you are planning to buy/settle only with regard to school then your choice is vast.

I dont think schools have squash as a sport, u have to send him somewhere else. I remember seeing Tamilnadu squash association summer classes. so they could be having regular classes, check out coaches at this place. Indian Squash Professionals

My children have started adjusting to school only the 8.45to 3.45 is a small glitch.

Hope it is of use for you. Any more doubts do ask.

Love
    shanthi

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    1 person likes this.