Places to visit in Texas for the long weekend?

Discussion in 'Indians in Texas' started by priyamuthu, Feb 15, 2008.

1. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

hi friend,
    anyone has ideas abt places to visit in texas. we're in fort worth any place where v can drive can be suggested. would be grateful if u reply soon.
    thanks in advance,
    Priya

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Priya,

May be you wanted to know about places to visit in Texas for the President's day long weekend, sorry I came in late here.

However, here are some places that we have gone driving in and around Texas. Hope my suggestions help you planning for future weekends atleast.

S.Padre Island - a tiny island with a beautiful sea shore (should I call it Hawaii of Texas :) - is good to visit for 3 or 4 days weekend durin spring / summer

Galveston - This is also a sea shore closer to Houston - good to visit for a 3 days weekend. On the way you can also cover Kemah boardwalk (a small theme park), and your kid will definitely love it.

Corpus Christi - this is also a good place to visit for a 3 or 4 days weekend, but just try to carry your passports / visa (if you are not a GC holder or Citizen), cos lots of border patrol checks since it is in the border of Texas & Mexico. We had a horrible experience having taken only our photo ids.

Big Bend - this you need to plan for 5 days vacation may be. Very relaxing and calm place. Historic place about Texas, Red Indians, etc.

Hope this helps for planning a great weekend!

Malathy