1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

places to visit around atlanta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by kirthivenkat, Jun 10, 2014.

1. kirthivenkat

kirthivenkat New IL'ite

Hello Atlanta ilites,
    We are planning a weekend trip to Atlanta later this month. I want some ideas about one day trip from Atlanta.. Is going to Helen/anna ruby falls worth the trip? how do you ladies rate amicacola falls vs anna ruby falls vs Tallulah falls? any other suggestions are most welcome....

thanks
    kirthi

2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

If you have just one day, I would go to Amicalola falls. Tallulah gorge is beautiful as well. You won't go wrong with either. I'd skip the Ruby falls though.
    Other then the main attractions (Aquarium, coca-cola, CNN, Zoo etc), there is Fern bank museum and Martin Luther King Jr's home in Atlanta, hope you get to see these. Worth a trip!

Have Fun!

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you are coming just for 1 day, I'd say do Downtown . That by itself requires a full day.

These falls that you have mentioned are only visual sight. You cannot jump around or bathe. It may be good for a weekend visit if you live nearby.

I'd rate :
    1) Ruby falls - It is visually beautiful but this falls is visible only for 10 mins . Its a long queue to go see the falls. be mindful of that.

2) Amicalola. - this is again 1 day trip by itself. Its a huge state park .

Haven't been to the other.

4. kirthivenkat

kirthivenkat New IL'ite

thank you ladies... Our plan is to spend saturday evening/sunday in Atlanta and then drive to Tallulah gorge on Monday before driving back home.....
    thank you for your inputs.....