Places to shop in Delhi

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Delhi' started by mridula85, Feb 17, 2010.

1. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

I love going to the Crossriver Mall.:) This is reckoned as Delhi’s longest mall and it was opened by Suncity in June 2006.

The Crossriver Mall is located in the center of Shahdara’s Business District in the vicinity of highly affluent areas like Preet Vihar, Anand Vihar, Nirman Vihar, Suraj Mal Vihar, Rishabh Enclave etc. The mall covers an area of 2.5 lakh square feet. When I first visited this place, I was thrilled by the new genre of cutting edge retail and entertainment experience that this mall had opened.

The mall boasts of top-class brands in fashion, lifestyle, leisure, entertainment and food & beverage.
    :thumbsup

2. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

All said and done, one must admit that the markets of Karol Bagh, Chandni Chowk and Connaught Place are the most important shopping destinations of Delhi. If you want to shop for jewelry, carpets, semi-precious stones, potteries, leather items, bamboo items, silks and handicrafts, to name a few, in reasonable prices, these are the places you must visit.

The Chandni Chowk Market is famous for its sarees and silver jewelries, while Karol Bagh is famous for Indian garments, bridalwear, jewelries and shoes. Connaught Place is popular for its handicrafts.

Delhi Ivory Palace at Shahjahanabad is the place to visit if you are looking for jewelries, boxes and other items made of ivory.

3. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Amrita,

Your post has made me very very nostalgic! How I miss Delhi and its markets!

I loved visiting Dariba Kalan, at Chandni Chowk. This place is a treasure trove of traditional jewelries with navratan, meenakari and kundan works. My father’s favourite was the Central Cottage Emporium of Janpath. If you are looking for ethnic clothes, shoes and gift items, this is the place to visit. Whenever my uncle visited us from the US, he used to purchase loads of items from this place.

I also loved visiting the Crafts Museum at Pragati Maidan.

Ivory chessboards and knives of Shahjahanabad are very popular as gifts and mementos.

4. anandisingh

The Crafts Museum at Pragati Maidan is one of my favourite shopping destinations in Delhi. This museum is famous for beautiful terracotta potteries. The cups, saucers, vases, mugs and lamps are beautiful.

I also love visiting Kinari Bazaar. This market is famous for exquisite kinari, zardozi, zari and gota works. It is located near Chandni Chowk.

Palika Bazar is my destination if I am looking for cheap clothes and electronic commodities. As my friends have mentioned earlier, you can really be a happy shopper here if you have bargaining skills.

Another place I like visiting once in a while is The Village at Hauz Khas. I love shopping for aunthentic jewelries and gift items here.

5. mridula85

mridula85 New IL'ite

Thank you all for the information.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I like the Rajouri Garden old market area where they have hundreds of shops. I have shopped in South Ex and some malls but imho they are expensive. Also shops in high tourist areas tend to be higher price lower quality. Up at Rajouri Garden you rarely if ever see tourists. They have some new malls also in case you are liking that.

7. amritasharma

I like going to the Spice World whenever I visit Noida. It is a mere seven-minute drive from the DND flyway and the Noida Connector.

This mall is spread over an area of over 1,50,0000 square feet and is carefully planned. It can well be termed as a lifestyle center. This shopping destination meets the diverse needs of different types of customers, perfectly.

Spice World has top class standards and ambience. It offers a plethora of shopping and leisure options which include retail outlets, quality coffee shops and a majestic multiplex.
    The wide corridors set this mall apart from many other shopping complexes.

8. anandisingh

The Spice World indeed is one of my favourite shopping destinations. Another mall I love visiting is the East Delhi Mall at Kaushambi. Popularly known as EDM, this mall is located near Ghaziabad.

The East Delhi Mall started up in the beginning of 2005. Retailers who feature in this elaborate complex are PVR Multiplex, Big Bazaar, Vivid Furnishings, Meena Bazaar, Soles, Mushrooms and Café Coffe Day. The mall also has dining, banquet and hotel components. The multiplex is a three-screened one with a seating arrangement of about 750 viewers. The food court has a vast common sitting area. The children’s play area is a favourite among kids

9. mridula85

mridula85 New IL'ite

10. amritasharma

AEZ Square is a popular shopping destination at Vikaspuri in West Delhi. It is near the Janakpuri (West) Metro Station.

It features apparels, toys, cosmetics and home appliances. The Music World and Archies’ Gallery outlets of this complex are the most crowded ones. The complex has food courts, restaurants, coffee shops and pubs. McDonalds and Pizza Corner are its most popular hangouts. There is a salon of Shahnaz Hussain which is a favourite among those who seek beauty advice.

AEZ Square has the PVR Vikaspuri, which is one of Delhi’s most crowded theaters.
    AEZ Square is a favourite among all age-groups as it offers a plethora of options including gaming for kids and evening outs for adults.