1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Places to see in and around California

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by koramangal, May 25, 2010.

1. koramangal

koramangal Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

One of my friend is going on a vacation to California .Please can you guys suggest good places to see in and around other than Disney and universal.

She is planning to carry some snacks and rice cooker with her is it allowed in domestic flights? Her in -laws are also travelling with their family so they prefer Indian food.:bonk

Any suggestions and tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010

2. seemalv

seemalv New IL'ite

Hello,

I think if she and her in laws like beaches, they can make a visit to San Diego and see some nice beaches. They can also visit this little Indian area which is in "artesia" (about 10 miles from Disney Land) and they have some nice jewelery, restaurants and boutiques on the same street. Next to Disney Land, there is this other park "California Adventures" which is at times nicer than Disney Land depending on the age group. Some of the rides at the Ca. Adv are really fun esp for adults. As far as carrying the rice cooker on the flights, I think it is allowed - my family took it last time we travelled to NY last year.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

3. koramangal

koramangal Senior IL'ite

Hi seemalv

Thanks for the info .If you know about any more good places and temples around let me know.

They planned for Sea World ,Disney and Universal.

She is panning to carry some snacks and food items .
    Guess these are allowed in domestic flights.

Thanks

4. seemalv

seemalv New IL'ite

There is quite a big, nicely constructed Balaji temple near LA in a place called Malibu. I think the drive will be around an hour but if you have the time, it's a very nice temple. They serve prasada for a nominal fee there or maybe it's just on weekends. Please give a call to the temple and know their hours.

Also if they have any small kids (4-12 yrs), it's worth visiting Legoland where most or perhaps all the rides are created using Lego's.

Let me know if you need any other info...

Last edited: May 26, 2010