Places to host First B'day party in chennai

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by ga123, Nov 14, 2009.

1. ga123

ga123 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am Geetha and I am in US. I will be coming to chennai very soon and we are planning to host first B'day party(Ayushahomam) for my son in Chennai along with some rituals. I am in Chromepet. Since I don't have much knowledge on the whereabouts in chennai, I would appreciate if someone could guide me in knowing :

(1) Party halls in chennai which can hold around 60-70 people and which allows to do homams and which can provide catering (vegetarian).

(2) Since I am planning to make this event a fun filled one for the Kids ,I am looking out for party organizers who can organize magic shows, tatooing etc.. at a reasonable price.

It would be helpful if someone could share their recent experiences and cost (approx) they incurred in doing so .

Thanks & Regards
    Geetha

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009

2. aksharasravan

aksharasravan New IL'ite

Hi Geetha,
    My advance b'day wishes to ur kid.We celebrated my son's b'day 10 days back.It was simple and fun-filled ,organised in our apartments terrace.The PopKon event managers(my friend suggested this party planner)helped me in organising the event ,deco,cake,catering,simple invitations,4 games for kids,tattooing,gifts.I liked their customised package and child friendly events.for around 30 ppls it came around 5800Rs.It was budget fitevent when i compared with many other event planners,they quoted 7k,8k...I think they can help with homam /priest also..
    The marriage halls A/Ccharges around 6-7 k for half a day,non A/C should be around 4.5k .Just get help from other IL's also.I can provide u the Popkon's contact details if u require.

3. ga123

ga123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks very much for responding for giving a hold of info to start with as I dont have any info about chennai party halls and event organisers. Belated bday wishes for your Kid!!!!could u pls pass on the popkon contact details. they will provide gifts also? and will they do decoration? does their rate depend on the headcount? or is it flat rate? what other event organisers did u consult?
    Thanks very much once again,
    Geetha

4. chennaimother

chennaimother New IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

My son is 2 and a half years. I do have some party organiser's numbers including Popkon Event Mangement which is 9965054611/ 9282161316.

Others are Magic Raja 9381046848
    Dipali 9381199583

There is activity centre that hosts the birthday party where we had also arranged for my son Hansel & Gretel 28152549 They do the whole thing from decoration till return gifts...

5. nirmal20

nirmal20 New IL'ite

Hi,
    for decorations contact 9952928017.