1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Places of attraction: 1. Vancouver

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Shal, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Indrabolt

Indrabolt New IL'ite

Vancouver confirmed

Thank you for being so kind about Vancouver. I live across the Fraser River in the City of Richmond. The Vancouver International Airport is in Richmond. There is an International convention that names the Airports after the major city in the Area.

My home is in " Blueberry Country" just one mile from the city centre of Richmond. I'm a single man who lives quitlely with my 2,000 books. I can drive, bike, or walk, as I choose. Now just for that perfect woman for my life???

Frankly, Vancouver was much nicer place, when I was young. There was a time when I could not walk down the street without meeting somebody I knew. There was a time I gave hundreds of hours to my city. Unhappyly, a huge increase in population is not always a positive thing. Westren Canada used to be such a kind place. Cars always tried to avoid hitting anybody. We thought that people were valuable. Cars can be replaced, people are unique. Perhaps, my rual Canadian mind is at odds with the sins of the "Big City". I do not like " the gunman to go free, to kill again." I don't like to see the " Painted Women" under the lights, luring the farm boys. " I don't like to see the marks of " wanton hunger on the faces of women and children."

I got used to being the Champion of a certain group of people. They looked to me for leadership. I help elect members to the House of Commons. Those MP's disapointed me. Sadly, this is reality. I must live in world of reality, when I perfer to dream. Robert Frost wrote about the: " the Stone Armed Savage." It seems if the world is well filled with such men. Just because be have a computer does not make us any less " Stone Armed Savages". We just use different types of stones.

Most respectfully yours,

Indrabolt

2. Teenaabraham

Teenaabraham New IL'ite

Thank you so much Shal for the detailed note above. I am planning to shift to Vancouver in a couple of months and was a bit apprehensive about the move, But after reading your note, just realised that we must atleast visit to see the place. Will move now...kids are in the 10th grade and are waiting to finish that bit before we pack our bags.

Love...Teena

3. destiny23

destiny23 New IL'ite

Shal,
    Thanks for the information...
    It was really helpful, since DH and I were planning to go there this summer, I was trying to get some information, that was great...
    Really helpful, thanks!
    :)