Places for shopping in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by Sushmakiran, Jan 23, 2009.

1. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

IL's - Lets keep this thread alive.

Share the places you shop for stuff in Hyderabad.....For all partywear,regularwear,formalwear.......
    Best Boutiques,Best Designers.....places where you shop frequently....It would be helpful to all of us...

2. Oriole

Oriole New IL'ite

Ladies, I really need your help. I'd like to read your suggestion for gifts from India to my country. Gift ideas which represents India and can be found in Hyderabad will be nice.

Pls answer my questions and doubts. My some ideas:

1. Since Hyd is popular with pearls I planned pearl necklace set with simple and elegant design for my mother-in-law. We are not a jewellery addictive people. She might not be interested in fancy big jewellery.
    Also I don't know how to check pearls whether it's real or fake? So I need a information about trusted and well recognized seller!! Where can I purchase an "original" fresh water pearl necklace with reasonable price? Are 'Sri Jagdamba Pearls' and 'Mangatrai Pearls' good? There are so many shops which are selling pearls, it's so hard to choose :(

Or do you have any gift idea other than pearls for my MIL?

2. I've already got gift for my mum. But I can't decide what should I give for my dad? Pls help me. m(-_-)m
    (Last time I sent tablet and sweater to my dad, he likes technological gadgets)

3. I'm thinking to buy sweater (woolen) for my father-in-law. I'm not sure about I can find a warm sweater in this hot summer. My country is freaking colddd. Would you like this gift idea? If you have a suggestion pls let me know.

4. What type of gifts are nice for kids who are around 5-13 year old? I considered clothes, but kids wear has same price like adult clothes lol. Or maybe I visited posh stores??? Now I'm thinking about Indian sweets that are non-perishable and can be carry inside check-in luggage. but what kind of? idea?

5. Where can I find peacock feathers, sandalwood scented candles and darjeeling tea with package? I saw darjeeling tea in Big Bazaar, but it's sold by kg. In gifting purpose, I prefer with package. Those are for my co-workers.

6. I need to buy wine and whiskey. Pls tell me the store direction. Also pls provide me an address of handicraft store with reasonable price and variety of products.

I hope someone will clear my doubts and help me. Thanks in advance.

3. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

1. Gifting a pearl set is a good idea. And yes I agree with you that there are so many shops and it is tough to choose right one. I advice you to visit both the mentioned and compare the designs and prices and then decide. I would be great if you visit shops near Charminar for pearl set but this strictly needs a local friend along with to guide you. Or purchase in shop which offers a guarantee card for the set.
    2.For your dad, Well I don't have any idea.
    3.Have you visited GVK mall ? I found there a large collection of woolen coats. This idea is nice.
    Actually we buy sweaters at Hyderabad Exhibitions, (Numaaish) where we can get good ones with reasonable price. But that's over now so no option but to brought from malls.
    If not available, you can try others like Shoes or good hand gloves for him, which will be protective from cold weather.
    4.Sweets are good Idea to Gift. You can Rasmalai / Gulab Jamuoon which are nicely packed and easy to carry. Can find at Big Bazaar or More super market.
    5. Is it not a joke? Peacock feathers can be found any where especially near traffic signals, seller comes with them to sell them in bunches. Each bunch has 10-12 feathers cost around 150 Rs
    Scented candles also can be found at Big Bazaar
    Darjeeling Tea powder in 100gm will be available in Supermarket. Try Reliance supermarket to get them.
    6.For this, you need to visit Spencer's super market. They have all collections there. The store is at RTC 'X' Road. But the road which leads you there is horrible, believe me you 'll never disappoint visiting there.
    For Handicrafts , visit Lepakshi or Kalanjali Emporium. they have really nicely crafted gifts with decent price.

Enjoy your shopping in Hyderabad.
    Bye

4. Oriole

Oriole New IL'ite

mrunalini01, You are my saver :kiss

I visited GVK mall for few times, without discount that mall is freaking expensive :bonk Gloves for FIL is a very good idea.
    Peacock feather is not a joke :p I've never seen someone who sells peacock feathers on the road. Now I have a general idea with your help.

Thank you for your very detailed information :thumbsup

I have been living here 8 months, but I still don't know this city :bonk

1 person likes this.
  5. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

You are Welcome.

Hyderabad is big with different atmospheres all over the city. It's almost like a mini world, we find murky horrible roads beside clean black top roads and sky high buildings surrounded by huts, friendly people to starring ones.

Hope you enjoy being here. Come back again to see us

6. rosemary22

rosemary22 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    This is a very informative thread. Loads of appreciation.

i need help to buy good fabric and get anarkhali dresses stitched. Please tell me where i can get different kinds of laces, borders for anarkhalis and also fabrics.

It also would be great help if you can guide me with information on tailors in and around RTC X roads, Gandhi NAgar, Himayath nagar who can stitch very well and affordable too.

THanks in advance

7. suneet123

suneet123 New IL'ite

hi,
    i am from delhi and have come to hyderabad for a week. can anyone please tell me the places to shop for ikat and kalamkari salwar kurtas preferably in fabric. i want to buy from the best place....can anyone syggest

8. siri777

siri777 Bronze IL'ite

Kalamkari dresses n Kurtis u can get in dilsukhnagar pvt market. One more shop is there in kothapet area.

9. rajithaS

rajithaS New IL'ite

Sabitha Designer Hub , Manikonda ( Near Film Nagar / Raidurgam ) - A Fashion Design Student runs it

She Designs the sarees of your choice with Blouse work ..etc

Also has Matching Jewellery

10. gaivij

gaivij Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies!
    I am planning to visit hyderabad for just 4 days from 4th of August. I know it is very tough to browse all the shops in such a short span. I have read this thread and it is very useful to get an idea of places where i can shop. however they were listed quite a long back. If anyone has any updates of latest botiques or shops where i can get designer chudidars/sarees/kurtis with reasonable prices, please let me know. Also i heard that there are some exhibitions conducted in hotels like Taj with good designer collection. Please provide me any latest info on this.. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Gaivij