1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Place Your Hand On Aishwarya Rai’s Shoulder!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 24, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Place Your Hand On Aishwarya Rai's

2. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    What you have said is true we flit from one thing to another forgetting it is only temporary in the we never are satisfied with whatever we had, your write up gives me this idea that, along the way we need to learn to be satisfied with what we have. Hope I didnt bore you

Durga

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    True..the first experience we experience in anything is a pleasure and after wards it is a routine. Never feel contended with what we have.
    There is nothing wrong is going for higher comforts, if we know where to the draw the line..
    Nice thoughts.

sriniketan

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

bEAUTIFUL.:bowdown.........
    i am all for this thought process,its for this all that I keep coming back to your blog.
    We may know all this but its still important to be reminded again and again. Like we know the taste of the rasgulla but we wish to taste it again. Rasgulla reminds me of one thing which I am trying to remember these days....even half a ladoo will give the same taste as one full ladoo. If one can learn to eat two halves at two different points of time, the pleasure is doubled , without the addition of calories. ( you guessed right, need to reduce weight..:biglaugh)

Every time I plan to read your long stories, these things come up, and I again go back without that.But I have not left hope, one of these days I'll read them too.

5. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Very nice Sridhar sir. Its really our mindset. Normal human will not satisfy with what he / she has. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful thought.

6. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Sridharji,

another nice topic from you. Till we reach our dreams only we feel pleasure. After that we get bored and dream of something bigger. but that makes our life move.

andal

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Very thought provoking blog from you after a long time. What you said about the pleasure is 100% true. The behaviour of humans is to get disatisfied with the things which he already has and to go in for greener pastures . This is evident in us at a very early stage of life itself. Let us the see that in kids- they make so much fuss and create such tantrums to get some toy or gun which they want to play with. Once they get it, after couple of days, that fascination dies out and they are attracted to something new which they dont have. This mentality gets embedded in us, throughout our life, as we grow up too. Like you said, we should consciously make a choice to stop at some level of comfort and not go behind newer materialistic comforts, as there is no end to it

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I was thinking of teh poor audience when you gave that RAI speech.....they must have wondered and waited for something more pleasurable and what a damper after that!

Haha....i am still trying to imagine the audience reactions when you then went to explain pleasure and pain.....:rotfl

But a good comparison all said and done and its true that at first everything is on a high level of intensity , pleasure or pain.....but later once we get used to it , we dont feel so much!
    Good one....:thumbsup

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar sir,

An excellent topic... reminds me of an old saying my mom says often "pothum yenra maname pon saiyum marunthu"

Beautifully written.

Akila

10. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

Sridharji,
    ur fingers have given us another wonderful article. this i think if everyone tries to follow, life will be really beautiful. i love ur writing. thank u - vaishnavi