Place to buy dinning table

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by anushakmurthy, May 15, 2008.

1. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking out for buying a decent dinning table(little contemporary) one for my newly built house however I have had no luck.
    I looked at shops in and around Royapettah, Nita, Damro, some shops in 100 feet road etc. None is to my liking.
    Can anyone suggest a shop where I can pick up some elegant looking dinning table?

Thanks,
    -Anusha

2. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi anusha,
    did you try the HOME CENTRE store in the old lifestyle building in alwarpet (beside the fly over)there were some decent ones when i visited the store a few months back!
    regards
    mullai

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

How about Jayabaratham ,Adyar.We got ours there 4 yrs back and it is in perfect condition even after shipping here.

4. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

hi,

jayabaratham at anna nagar roundtana also has good range of dining tables.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Anusha,
    We bought a rubber wood(Malaysian wood) 4- seater dining table from Santhosh furniture on 100 feet road , vadapalani.Check out, they have good varities and quality work.Infact, we got cot, dinning table and sofa set from them and they are good.

6. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Thanks to all. I will certainly look at Home Centre, Jayabaratham and Santhosh Furniture.....!!

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anusha,

There's a shop called Satya Furniture World in Mylapore near Sanskrit College. They have a wide range and the prices are also reasonable. Just check it out.

8. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

ahem ..well, there is saravana stores. I was too scared to venture there because of one bad experience years ago of having to wait hours just to take delivery after paying the bill. But to my surprise , things have improved! we got a bunk bed there - we were in and out in 1 hour with lots of purchases - the delivey was done on the same day. after the struggle with viveks , it was a refreshing change. they have a lot of varieties of dining table in all price ranges.