1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pixel Pixel Pe Likha Hai User ID Ka Naam (Every pixel has the user id engraved on it)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 8, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Those knowing Hindi would have the proverb "Daane daane pe likha hai khaanewaale ka naam" (Every grain has the name of the person for whom it is destined engraved on it).

Well, this proverb has assumed a slightly parodied version in my life. Back to the story of my laptop again!!!!! (I am sure you are fed up of me and my laptop by now :bonk, but I shall not blame you for that). You would be fully within your rights to give me up as a lost case and abandon reading this :iagree, but for those of you who don't mind listening to me practising my old age ramblings, I shall narrate some events that led me to this train of thought.

I have told you of the netbook on which Windows crashed out on me. I was given an old abandoned netbook which was even smaller than this one - BUT had a better keyboard and WINDOWS - XP on it. I was glad not to have to use "Ubuntu" :drowning - which sounded to me as if it was a distant relative of some equatorial tribes. So without so much as a whimper, I got down to using it.

Some days later, dh murmured something about his hard drive having suffered from a "heat flash"(?????) or some such thing. I shall not bother to repeat how much I love technology and technical terms, but the long and the short of it is that his computer seems to have reacted rather violently to heat (like me - I hate the heat too - at least dh is consistent in his choice of wife and other women :coffee). He needed to get another one.

So it was one way, that he muttered to me (as is his wont) something about a courier. He did not mention anything about the contents - just that he had ordered something but those guys had not sent it, so he had demanded his money back). When the courier appeared at my doorstep in the evening, I was expecting a cheque. So imagine my surprise when I saw a fairly huge box with fragile and "China" written on it. My neighbour was standing outside too. I was wondering what I should do - accept or send it back. DH does not normally order anything by mail order. Just then my neighbour chipped in saying may be it contained some crockery since it said "fragile" and "china". When I wondered who could have sent it or why, she helpfully asked me if any brother of mine could have sent it as a gift for Rakshabandhan. Now unless my mother was careless enough to lose a son at the Kumbh Mela and conniving enough not to tell me about him, I was not aware of the presence of any such relative in my life.

I think I have mentioned that I used to be a TV addict before I changed allegiance to the Net. Too much of watching Sony TV I suppose - CID and the like. I was wondering if DH had managed to offend anyone so much as to inspire them to send some exotic poisonous snake to him by courier. So I called him up and told him. He asked me to open the box and check (fancy way of eliminating a troublesome wife, what)?

Slowly, gingerly, standing 1 foot away from the table, I opened the box. There were no hissing sounds issuing forth, but one never knows. It could be a sleeping one, couldn't it? Anyway imagine my surprise when I opened it and found a laptop inside. I thought DH wanted to get a hard drive for his computer. When I asked him about it, he very sweetly declared that it was for me and he would take the old netbook from me.

Before he could change his mind about it, I appropriated it and started using it - although it had the same software developed in the equatorial rain forests loaded on it ("Ubuntu"). Never mind, I am not too shy when it comes to making new friends, and so I (the modern day Dhritirashtra in matters of technology) accepted Ubuntu as my connecting medium (Sanjaya) to the world of the Internet, to the Kurukshtra of the outside world. Soon enough I grew to be comfortable with my Sanjaya.

But my bliss was not too long lived. Recently I developed a severe pain in my shoulder and right arm. DH declared that it was due to carrying my 2.6 kg baby from room to room all the time and being on the keyboard 20 hours out of 24. Since I have already provided the medical fraternity with more than their fair share of business, I thought I would have to trade the laptop back for my old netbook. The process of transfer took a few hours, both of us backing up our data etc.

Lo and behold, when DH plugged in the new laptop to his external monitor, the screen was blank. He called me to ask me what I had done to the laptop. :rant (Does anyone need to do anything to these gadgets, I ask you. Don't they have a mind of their own)? I went and tried it out, it came on :spin The other woman seemed to have revolted against DH and decided to listen to me. Miracles do happen! But this morning, DH finally had enough and was complaining bitterly about the laptop. So finally I (out of an innate sense of decency) offered to take back the other woman "Laptop" (Fat Woman!!!!!) and DH feels he will feel happier handling baby "Netbook"!!!!!
    [/JUSTIFY]
    When the girls came out to play
    Georgie Porgie ran away! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Or is it "Pixel Pixel pe likha hai userid ka naam"?

18 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pixel Pixel Pe Likha Hai User ID Ka Naam (Every pixel has the user id engraved on

Dear SAtchi,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hailarious to say the least.So u are back to the old laptop eh , they say the old shoe is always good, at least u know where it pinches eh ! But 20 out of 24 hours on the net eh ! Tell me u married hubby or the net ?

Now i am confused, huh ! And i think that the 10 hours i spend on the net is too much eh ! If i were to spend as much ont henet as i used to know 10 years back, that is 30 bucks an hour for internet and 30 bucks per hour for the phone, i would have been bankrupt by now.HAHA

So ina meena meena more,
    Which one of the two u like more,

Tell me Satchi, given a choice to remain without hubby for a few days or the laptop, which one would u choose ?

Curious to know the answer, what would my answer be ?

Well u first, then i will reply.

HAHA

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Pixel Pixel Pe Likha Hai User ID Ka Naam (Every pixel has the user id engraved on

Sats, you are right about
    Pixel pixel mein likha hai-------

I use a Lenovo Notepad & she (read, it) is my loving baby!! Easy to carry from room to room, besides travelling with me when I go to Ruby & Kumar's houses as well!!:thumbsup
    The only problem is, she is very soft spoken & I have attched external speakers & she shares them lovingly with my iPod!!
    She is already 2 1/2 yrs old & Ruby goes on warning me that I not only use her extensively, but do abuse her at times (like when she hosts unwanted virus!).:rant
    So to safeguard her, I have a remote disc back up as well.
    My chweetie pie she is!!:)
    Uske pixel mein, mera naam likha hain kya???:hide:

2 people like this.
  4. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

ha ha ha... So humorous Satchi...
    Hmm... surprise gift from dh ha... :)
    Since it was from your dh to you, it (she) didn't want to go to your dh.. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Sats,
    That was so funny the way you have written.. Comparing yourself to Dhridhirashtra...!!! So she listens to you and favors you :). Waiting for your answer to Kamalji ;-) ;-)
    Aparna

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

2 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

Dear Chitra Ma'am,

Glad that your baby is behaving herself for most of the time. Well, I have taken the advice of our ILite friends here and started backing all my data too. One lives and learns, I guess.

I hope these "other women", babies and I make our peace very soon and learn to coexist peacefully. :)

8. satchitananda

Yes, probably there is a point in what you say. She wanted to stick to the original contract - no surprises and no changes. Right?

9. satchitananda

Well, well, well Aparna. You can keep guessing. Your guess is as good as his, which is as good as mine, eh?

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh Satchi!! How can you write like that!! Thoroughly enjoyed the humor especially the part where you were talking about 'your brother' that your neighbor suggested....just the look on that neighbor if she heard you speak what wa son your mind would have been worth it!!

Well, well well....it is always nice to get surprises even if sometimes they are a pain....in th earm in your case. Listen to me Satchi, set it down in a place comfortable for you and work there - she will be more than happy to be more nicer to you ;-)

Enjoy your laptop....I am always struggling to let no other person touch mine at home to no avail....somehow eventually mine is the only one that is functional!

1 person likes this.