1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pineapple for weight loss?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by mccian, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mccian

mccian New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Has anyone heard about that?
    Today I have seen ads for diet pills whose special ingredient is said to be bromelain from pineapples in an magazine.
    I have googled it found some results. Eating pineapple will helpful to lose weight. Has anyone felt any weight loss because of pineapple?
    Can someone shed light on this?
    (created a toondoo just for fun)
    [​IMG]

Thanks
    Kalavathi

2. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

I have also heard about it and have started to gorge on pineapples for a month and am keeping my fingers crossed!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

My guess is that may be it has a lot of fibre and hence takes a lot more calories to digest than what is provided by the fruit itself. But it doesn't mean you can overeat pineapples without any other proper diet / exercise and expect to lose weight.

It will be a good trick to include pineapples with proper eating and exercise habits.

4. pumpkin21

pumpkin21 New IL'ite

hi even i have tried using the tablets..initially i did lose arnd 3 kgs bt i wud defntly suggest u nt to go 4 it as it caused many health problems 4 me....i stopped getting my periods 4 almst 3 months...and had gastric troubles also:spin:eek

5. pussy

pussy Gold IL'ite

I also saw that news. Even having guava and Apple will also helps to reduce weight. All these three fruits helps for digestion. But as aswini said without proper exercise we cannot expect any changes.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  6. mccian

mccian New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies. You are correct. Now I eat an orange and an apple daily. Want to add pineapple in my diet. But could not get it daily here :cry:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  7. Vega

Vega New IL'ite

I love pineapple. I usually have some pineapple about once a week. It's a great snack when you are hungry and trying to lose weight. I would think that any fruits or vegetables are good for losing weight as long as you eat them in moderation and they are replacing fattier foods like potato chips and processed foods.