Pimple like inflammation

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nayidulhan, May 10, 2010.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

This is a very personal question but I have to ask you people because it has become a big nuisance for me.

Some 2-3 months back I had a pimple in the left side of the pubic area (hair). It used to hurt especially when the panty would rub against it. I got rid of the pimple by pressing it and taking out the stuff inside. That took care of this pimple.

Now since last week I have another pimple on the right side and it hurts a lot. I cannot get rid of it as it is still "unripe" and I cannot break it open. Please suggest some remedy (home remedy) to get rid of this problem.
    Thanks.

2. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Firstly make sure this is a real pimple and not some type of infection..

If you are pregnant .. you cannot use any pimple creams on it, as the ingredients are not good for baby.. applying toothpaste works for some people..

just keep the area clean and dry

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can put a hot compress on the area: put hot water in a wash cloth and wring most of the water out and keep that on the area. When you are done with compresses then be sure it is dry before putting on clothes. You might want to not wear panties until this gets resolved. Also you might check and see if you need to buy a larger size if they are tight and hence rubbing.

There is a cyst that occurs in ladies in glands in the area between the vagina and anus. This condition will get VERY painful and has to be treated by your GYN. Just mentioning as knowledge.

4. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

DevikaS & tashidelek2002,
    Thanks a lot for your responses.
    It is indeed just a pimple not any infection. I am sure. I discovered the reason also. I do not wax/shave. So, the hair in that region got pulled and hence this inflamation. I think I will have to buy larger size panties now.

Thanks for telling me about that cyst/hemorrhoids. One of my friends suffered from this almost 1 year after delivery. The doctor said it is because of high body heat. She was advised curds, buttermilk, etc alongwith medication.

Indusladies forum and users like you two are really a great help. Such personal problems can not be discussed in the open and so this forum then becomes a blessing.

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Your problem may be caused by excess moisture in the pubic area.

Make sure and wear cotton panties and make sure you keep your pubic area nice and dry. I sometimes get these pimple like thingies down there if I don't change my underwear after gym etc i.e. leave the area wet with sweat, especially in the summer when I sweat a lot.

Another option is to put some baby powder down there on a regular basis to help absorb moisture. Sleeping without underwear (weather-permitting), or wearing nighties instead of pants at night also helps a lot.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The cyst that I was talking about is a Bartholin cyst...you can google.

I used to work for ob/gyns and they advised that ladies have time periods every day of not wearing any underwear at all. So if you are in your nighty, try not to wear and also while sleeping. Airing of the area is very important for health. In the olden days, I don't think that women normally wore underwear.....these are more a new idea.