1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Piece of advice on renting apartment in Nj

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by sunsim3, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sunsim3

sunsim3 Senior IL'ite

Guys just want to share my experience regarding renting houses / apartments in nj.

1.Avoid taking houses without lease in any case.
    2. Avoid taking premises on rent with families.
    Reasons
    no seperate mail box is provided no surety of getting mails , no answer for missing mails .
    no gaurantee of security deposits
    Day to day problems regarding parking, heat , central ac if provided by landlord then it may be an issue if they pay and its included in rent coz they try to cut down there cost and charge full from us as part of rent.
    No mental piece because of so many issues. Please please avoid such houses and try to get some pvt managed apartment with proper lease and evrything in place.

Be cautius specially in new jersey.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. sunsim3

sunsim3 Senior IL'ite

Also they constantly make us feel that they ( landlords) are favoring us but its no favour everybody pays legitimate amount and has rights as tenant but nothing like that happens once u move in i am facing tough time so just wanna help in new people moving to new jersey ... Things are not as good as we assume.

I am not saying that everyone is like that but I just wanna bring attention to negative and the bitter side.

With all regards to better LL. Just be cautius future nj tenants.

3. sunsim3

sunsim3 Senior IL'ite

In continuation to above post also want to highlight some more points :

always look for detail like under whose name is house registered & try to google search on his name . I did this after moving in & was shocked to read that they were (my previous-landlord ) already being warned for practicing illegal rentals & keeping house in unhygienic conditions. Also google would highlight if there are any complaints or cases against them in lieu of renting apartments.

Our landlord deducted 300 bucks out of our security & we were not able to do anything in absence of any written documents.

So just want to help future tenants to pay attention to these kind of scenario .

Hope I help someone :) here :)