1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Picky eater problem

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sam8, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Sam8

Sam8 New IL'ite

Hi
    My son is 18 months old and he wont eat any table food. He only eats blended food, doesnt eat any fruits or raw veggies, i have been trying since long to give him solid food, but whenever he feels a lump he gags n vomits,
    He vomits evry other day , simply because there was a food lump in his mouth.
    Can someone guide me what to do

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sam8 - What is his doctor saying? By that age, children should eat some amounts of solid food. Does he put things in his mouth? Does he chew on toys or other things? If he isn't liking anything in his mouth then he probably isn't able to take the texture of solid food. You need to get your pediatrician to look into this and get him checked out.

3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

yes consult doctor first. if everything is ok and normal make him sit and eat along with you,. dont feed him separately by this he will gradually increase interest in eating and will enjoy variety of food and taste. feed him different different type of food. and also u can visit indianparenting site they have different ways to feed picky eater children.
    dont worry dear all will be right..

4. Divya332

Divya332 New IL'ite

Is her pediatrician concerned about her intake? This age group is famous for picky eating, grazing, and irregular eating.