Photos of deities

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by vivbass, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Re: Growing Hanuman in Madurai temple

Hi, Vidya,

Thanks for the appreciation. In the photo, in sun rays you can see a silhoutee resembling Hanuman holding his tail up and his feet also can be seen. I presumed he is dancing. It may be my imagination. But, certainly you can make out a figure looking like Hanuman. When I had put this photo as desk top picture covering full screen of my comp. it was quite clear. I am a big devotee of Hanuman and whenever I visit madurai I offer vadai maalai to hanuman in a temple at the corner of lakshminarayanapura agraharam in Simmakal area. In that temple, hanuman is near a banyan tree and when i was studying in school especially exam times I used to take a small piece from the bark of that tree and I think all my successes and achievements are due to that Anjaneyar. Here is a song on Anjaneyar I sing in bhajans.

அன்னையின் தயர் நீக்கி
    அன்புருயாய் நின்ற
    ஆஞசநேயரே சரணம்

வாயு குமாரரே வானர வீரரே
    ஓயாமல் ராமர் தம்மை
    உளம் தனில் துதிப்பவரே
    ஆஞசநேயரே சரணம்

ராம தூதராகி ஆழ் கடல் தாண்டி
    சீதையை சிறை மீட்டுக் காத்தீரே
    மலை தனைக் கொணர்ந்து
    இளையவரைக் காத்தீரே
    என் நிலை கண்டு மனமிரங்கி
    காத்தருளவீரே

2. Tamildownunder

Hi, gayathri,

Thanks for the appreciation. There is nthing wrong with the picture I beleive. The size is big and so it may take some time to download in the browser. If you use Firefox it may be allright. If you still have difficulty, I can give the link to the uploaded picture.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very beautifull the picture is simply mind blowing thanks for posting and i have something to say we have a great anjaneyar here in banaswadi who sheds tears on the vaikunta ekadasi, so a lot of crowd to see that and u get a glimpse with great difficulty.....regards sunkan

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

hi TamilDU,

Thanks,thanks, no it is not yr vivid imagination this time! I followed yr words, saw the Hanumar in a dynamic pose- could be dancing. Glad u r also Hanumar Bhaktar. In Suchindram, the Hanumar is Varaprasadi. They have enclosed Him such that we can do Pradakshinam only outside. Apparently, He sometime trips devotees when He is in a playful mood.Thanks for the bhajan too.Jai BajrangBaliki!

5. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji,

I m not able to see the lord krishna and ganpati pics.Its giving a msg. invalid attachment.Plz check it sothat we can see the beautiful pics.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viv,

Me too. I cudn't the pix of Lord Vinayaka... I saw the pic of Lord Krishna a few days back. This time I cudn't c that pic as well...

Hi Tamildownunder,

Even though some people like me cudn't come n visit the Madhurai Temple, u gave us all a chance of a knowing about that temple by posting Lord Anjaneya Swajmy's picture.... Can u let us know that is there any story behind the grwoth of the statue of Anjaneya Swamy ???

Really an amazing , very rare pic,, I cudn't believe my eyes...
    Thanq so much for posting it ....

Luv
    Tej:wave

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  7. Tamildownunder

Dear ladies,

In Melbourne, Australia we have a Shirdi Sai Baba mandir at Camberwell. The temple has grown in stature and it is attended by hundreds of Indian devotees and there are few local aussies too who visit the mandir. I visit every Sunday for madhyana aarthi and has found great solace apart from gaining few friends. Here is a photograph of the deity taken by me. For further details visit www.shirdisai.net.au

[​IMG]

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi sonia & teju,
    s, i know that v r unable to open the deities photos i donno y,i gave complaint to IL,letz see.........i hope they'll sort out the probs soon..
    i have again uploaded the photos.

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

balaji.jpg Hindu_God15.jpg

Hindu_God17.jpg

Hindu_God19.jpg

Hindu_God22.jpg

sushma raghu and Deepu04 like this.
  10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite