1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Photos and Signatures

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 19, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Photos and Signatures<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX =

Pushpa has an account in Bank X , and I got her money transferred to Bank Y.Her cheque got returned, saying signature does not tally.When she signed the cheque, I had asked her are u sure this is your signature, and she after thinking , said yes.And it turned out to to be the wrong one.

A few months back, we had a big argument.She wants to change her name.It seems in her school, the teachers call her Pushpa Kamal , .And she does not like that.

Now in the name of the father, I wrote Kamal, simple.If the teachers call her Pushpa Kamal instead of Pushpa Mahtani what am I supposed to do ? Then she graduated, and again she had the same complaint that the teachers call her Pushpa Kamal.It is another matter, that she bunked 80% of the time, and was at home.

Now a few months back, she came and told me, “ Papa I want to change my name.Come with me to the Collectrie, and I will change my name in front of the Judge.I said Pushpa it is not easy to change names, do u know, u will spend a lifetime going to courts, then going to School, college, change yr passport, driving licence, pan card and the works.

Instead wait a few years u will get married, and then automatically everything will change, all yr 3 names will change, and we will put an advt in the papers too, as is required, and then u can be rid of the tag called Kamal, besides even Pushpa and Mahtani for that matter.Good riddance to all the 3 names, and I will give u a party too.And i tell her That Pushpa deserves a Ram, and so if she married a guy called Ram, she will be known as Pushparam, which may sound sexier and better than Pushpa Kamal.She just glares at me.

Well she has been quiet for some months now.A quiet volcano can be always dangerous.Now another volcano called Kamal is to explode. Pushpa has to open bank accounts, sign cheques, etc as we all have to, and I have told her to keep one signature, but god knows her signatures keep changing, like some people change tattoos.

And because of that, cheques too keep bouncing. Sometimes she will sign as Pushpa K Mahtani, sometimes Pushpa Mahtani, sometimes Pushpa M, and so on.Now she has herself forgotton her self what she has signed where.And here I remain tearing my hair off.

Harsha is another specimen.I keep everyone’s files and folders separate in my office with copies of photographs, pan card, ration card, copies of each one neatly in their files, as we keep needing them all the time.Now photographs are an assorted bunch of Harsha, some 10 year old 2 pcs, some of 5 years , and so on.

Recently I had to open her bank account in a new Bank., as we had an Fixed Deposit to make.I pasted whatever pics I had of hers in the envelope, different ones, so whatever came first I pasted and sent her the form to sign.She came up , looking hot and flustered , and asked me, how dare I put her lousy old pics on the Bank Form ?

I said these are the ones that I have, what can I do ? And they are of yours, not of Pamella Anderson or Rakhi Sawant.And these will be buried under mountains of such files in the Bank, these are just for official purposes.But she made me change the pics to the ones of her choice.

I swear, if she were to have her pictures posted on the police station Walls, where they post the criminal pictures, even then she would have the prettiest of her pics put there, with her approval !!!

But a few days back I read an article and I see that she is right.These days the pictures in the Orbituary section, are younger versions of the deceased.For example if the guy or gal who died was 80, they would put a 20 or 30 year old younger picture, this is true of America as well as India, so said the article.

Well for my orbituary, they will have no trouble, the profile picture of mine is the best I have in my career, so not a problem for the newspaper orbituary or the Third Day condolences.I am a very simple person.

And now I understand why Harsha is so particular of her picture.When the Dead, before they die, want to look younger and better, so why not Harsha, when she is alive and kicking, and then she is the wife of the great blogger , Yours Truly, and she deserves a nice picture while she is still around.

So sorry Harsha for getting mad at you, you deserve the picture of yr choice , wherever the occasion .

Just curious to know, are u guy and gals particular of what photos u submit anywhere ?

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

you have just taken out a scene from our house..i could so relate to this..:biglaugh

well my daughter mridula wants to change her name too and you know why, because no one here can pronounce her name and i go:mad trying to explain to her that we cant do such things to please others...now she is just called "mri" by all and sundry here,what to do..such a nice name we had given her, we thought:)

and OH YES i am just like harshaji..for a very long time i used to not have the same signature and just forget how i have signed where and hubby used to get really vexed with me....actually surprising because i am the organized person but papers and tax files etc he is very particular ..looks like the same case in many houses:)

and of course i insisit that my prettiest picture ONLY goes to even my obituary...the female vanity i suppose:biglaugh i see it in my daughter too but at her age it is understandable..at my age I should have better sense,no?:biglaugh

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  3. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

I guess lot of us can relate to this........especially the picture one !!

My dd also wants to change her name. She has been saying this for years now. She says, her parents gave her one name, but she has around 5-6 versions now !! hehehe.......

And like Mindi says.....I dont believe she needs to put any more sense into her. It is just the 'female vanity'. Age doesn't matter here !!
    Like my dd has several versions of her name, I have versions of my looks on pictures !!! hehehe.........So I have to choose from many ! Of course , I would want my best pic to go even for the orbituary !!

All the best to Seeta for her new name-hunt !!

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

thanks for being the first.The signature problem is with just Sita.Harsha has managed the same signature for ages.

And yes i am waiting for Sita to be married to a guy called Ram so i can call her SITARAM with pleasure.HAHA

So u too are like Harsha eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anamika,

Long time have seen u around.No wonder i muss yr comments.

Seeta is comfortable with her name, to be called as Seeta, but not as Sita Kamal, u see.HAHA

So u like to post yr best pics, is it ? Now vanity, they name is a woman.HAHA.

thanks for the lovely and lively comment.Regards

kamal

6. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Hahaha Kamalji, you set me laughing here..

Being the one who takes new photos for even hall tickets (exams every 6 months!) your post is one I could v. much relate to.. I took 3 different Passport photos to give for my college magazine and twice for my Passport and Visa just because the photos dint record my (assumed) beauty, you see!!!

Poor Harshaji, let her indulge in this simple vanity pls!

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dhivya,

Your profile picture shows how much u love taking pics eh ! Well i suppose, all ladies, u and harsha included are vain about their photos eh !

Did u read about the court case today in the papers, where the judge was presiding over a divorce case, and he told the husband, that women are always right ??????

I twas in 3 of the 4 papers on the front page, and my blog for tomorrow will be on this topic, that women are alwasy right.HAHA

Wait for my blog tomorrow.Regards

kamal

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,
    regarding signature, this happens i think in every house.suddenly i want put my signature as "paddy" a great hue and cry from my DH. so dropped that idea. Ha ha kamalji, not only in photo, even after my death i want to look young and energetic. so i want to give instructions to my DH, DSsand DILS andDD. to apply a slight makeup, dye my hair , dress me nicely then only they can announce my death to others:). how is it? so no wonder Harsha prefers to look young in photo.enjoyed your post.
    with love
    pad

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    Signature problem is everywhere I suppose...before marriage...that signature was simple..but after marriage...here comes the first name, middle name and the last name..
    so whatever form I sign here...mine will include all the 3 names..
    One time..my signature in the driving school, differed from the one in the passport and they didn't give me the 'Learners'..:bonkeventhough I am standing in front of them..they needed the proof..
    So after that only my first name and the last name...nothing in between is included..
    Regarding the picture..um..who cares after I die..not even me..:)

sriniketan

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

Paddy as signature is good, if u use it everywhere and register it in the banks etc.But use just one signature always.HAHA

And u want yr orbituary pic to be good.But u wont be around then to see it, will ya ? :biglaugh

You have a great sense of humour pads.Keept it that way always.

Reards

kamal