1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Phir mile sur… magar kis haalath mein!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Jan 28, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Twinsmom

A fantastic review of the new version and all said so correctly.
    Like many, the older version is far better to watch and listen to.
    But I did enjoy the new version on You Tube. It was an enjoyable piece
    but have come to a conclusion that the new version is good not to watch but to listen to ONLY.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viju,

I have not seen the new one, so cant really comment, and will come back after i see the new one.

the old one was classy, well with the characters u say are in the new one, like Ranbir, Deepika, Sallu and other khans, the way u have written so damn well, i can understand yr emotions.

So u are patriotic , with yr sons.God bless u, there are ver few like u around these days.now u hae given me the idea to go to U tube to watch the videos.

Well written, in yr trademark style.

Regards

kamal

3. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi twinsmom
    a very true & complete review.:thumbsup
    The old one was so good that listening & watching it one could feel the feeling of the nation marching together. right from north to south east to west.

4. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Twinsmom

Even I had a chance to catch with the new version yesterday and I was disappointed big time. It looked like a song straight out of a bollywood movie. and I also felt different lang and sequences did not flow through smoothly.. and someone pls tell me why I am looking at Deepika's legs in a patriotic song :bonk. I have no idea why there are so many film stars..
    All the 3 khans did exactly the same that they are used to in their movies. It was no different. The best part was salman's (of course with the exception of his attire ?) Those kids were good.
    The tamil version was pathetic as well. How I loved the old balamuralikrishna version with him in the foreground and all the other tamil actors in the background.Vikram and surya were definitely did not seem comfortable.

After watching this patetic version, I saw the old one to "cleanse" :idea myself off the new version effect. You are right. The old version was oozing with patriotism and gives goosebumps even now. :bowdown

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi guys,
    I am truly overwhelmed by your endorsement of my views. I was neckdeep in chores yesterday and couldn't reply to the comments individually. Today I see an avalanche of comments and I am unable to open the early ones to read again and respond.
    So, do accept my apologies for not replying individually.
    I saw the new version again to see if I had been too hasty in airing my views or if I was too harsh. Again, I felt totally dissatisfied by the remake.
    Of course, to give the devil its due, the last montage of the armed forces is good and wrings the heart... and as I said, the classical masters and their offsprings are classy....threst still seems trivial.
    For the current generation who have not watched the old one, or for those who are smitten by the Bollywood, it may look good. But a generation away from them we tend to watch such 'nautanki' a bit skeptically... I am not against Bollywood... but Bollywood is NOT India and India is NOT Bollywood!
    Mera Bharat Mahan!

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom,

A nice write up on 'Mile sur'! But then, I don't even need to mention that when you write! You always write well!!

All the same, this time round, I don't think that your and my sur will mil!!!!!

In the first instance, I too thought that maybe there is an overdose of Bollywood. Thanks to another post by another ILite here, where she had given links to both the old and new and I checked them out. The old one too had all the Bollywood biggies sprinkled with other performing artists and some sports persons. Yes,there was a brief glimpse of Latha lending her voice to a bevy of B'town beauties and a glimpse of this and that. But all in all, it had the same essence.

We must not forget that Latha is also being replaced by other young 'uns of today and Shreya Ghosal, Shankar Mahadevan, ARR are today's youth icons. Khans, whether we like it or not are liked by millions. Amitabh's is an achievement of sorts. He was there in the old one as a young angry hero and in the latest version, he represents the illustrious institution of sorts for performing arts!

Times change and who knows, in twenty years time, Deepika's daughter might be the cutie in the national integration song trying to tick the patriotic pulse among the youngsters?!

Well, we can agree to disagree...all in fun.:)

L, Kamla

7. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamla,
    I absolutely understand your stand. I thought there was an overdose of Bollywood and too long an attempt at pandering everyone. Those who may not have seen the first one will like the second one... but those who are used to the old one this one is a bit jarring to the senses. Of course, the old one had actors galore... but this one had far too many looking more filmy than patriotic. ( Of course, that's what I felt... Shahrukh, Amir and Shahid Kapoor hardly looked patriotic, where as the trio Amitabh Mithun and Jeetendra were more convincing in their 1/2 minute presence. Deepika padukone's attire was really awful...and Abhishek and Aishwarya looked like singing a romantic duet than voicing patriotic lines...) I forgot to give accolades to AR Rahman and his Continuum Fingerboard which was divine. His fingers have magic in them... The Military motage at the end was very patriotic... Anoushka, Rahul Sharma, Ayaan and Amaan looked good and convincing. I like Saina and Gopichand, Abhinav Bhindra and Baichung Bhutia.... Full Stop.
    Of course, my blog is a very personal endorsement of my own views. So let us agree to differ! No offense meant or taken!