1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Philadelphia' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. sowmyarakesh

sowmyarakesh Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,

Can you pls give me some pointers regarding indian communities in wayne as we r planning to move there next month.also what is the approx rent for a 2 bedroom and 1bhk apartment.
    Regards,
    Sowmya

1 person likes this.
  2. dhalla

dhalla New IL'ite

hi friends.iam dhalla i live in levittown with my husband.can i get any indian ladies friend.

3. dhalla

dhalla New IL'ite

hi friends,iam from india.i came to know abut this site from my sister.iam new 2 this place.i need a friend from india especially south indian.iam from tamilnadu

4. sahitisharma86

sahitisharma86 New IL'ite

Hello all,

I'm Sahiti Sharma, a brand new member of this forum. I live in Wayne city of PA which is pretty close to King of Prussia. I am from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. I came to US in July 2007 for my Masters in Villanova University and have lived in this area since. I'm happily married to the man of my dreams since October 2011. I don't have kids yet. My family still lives in India.

Like I've already mentioned earlier, I did my Masters in Computer Science from Villanova University and currently work for Comcast as a "Business Analyst".

I love music( all kinds) and have been learning Carnatic music for the past 8 years. I give some performances in temples in and around NJ,PA,DE areas during music fests. Apart from this, I love painting and do a little bit of it when I have free time.

I have a very small circle of friends that I made during my Masters and that's pretty much it.

I find this forum to be helpful, interactive and the whole idea of meeting women in different walks and ages of life and getting to know them is what caught my attention. I've never been a member of any forum before and looking forward to being an active member here and enjoying myself and making some new friends.:)

5. sahitisharma86

Hi Sowmya,

I've lived in Wayne and Devon area for the past 7 years and there is a lot of Indian Community here. There is one apartment community "Home Properties of Devon" where more than 80% of the community is Indians. I live in La Maison apartments which is right across the road from Home Properties of Devon but has a less Indian population. I love this community since it has a lot of greenery, small street shops, trail and almost everything is accessible from here (Movies, Grocery, Indian Grocery, Restaurants, Schools etc). I live in a 2 Bed 2 Bath apartment which is 1500 and includes gas and water. Home Properties is probably around 1600-1800. There are other apartments here but trust me they are very old and not as good. Let me know of you need naything.

Cheers,
    Sahiti.

6. sahitisharma86

Hi Sowmya,

I've lived in Wayne and Devon area for the past 7 years and there is a lot of Indian Community here. There is one apartment community "Home Properties of Devon" where more than 80% of the community is Indians. I live in La Maison apartments which is right across the road from Home Properties of Devon but has a less Indian population. I love this community since it has a lot of greenery, small street shops, trail and almost everything is accessible from here (Movies, Grocery, Indian Grocery, Restaurants, Schools etc). I live in a 2 Bed 2 Bath apartment which is 1500 and includes gas and water. Home Properties is probably around 1600-1800. There are other apartments here but trust me they are very old and not as good. Let me know of you need naything.

Cheers,
    Sahiti.

7. sahitisharma86

Hello Mathi,

I live in the area. If you haven't found it already, there's an Indian grocery store "Bharat Bazar" right across the Macy's store in KOP mall. There are some Indian beauty parlors within the KOP mall and also one next to "Bharat Bazar".

8. sahitisharma86

Hello Navya,

I live in Wayne.

9. Chitra10

Chitra10 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    Anybody living in Newtown,PA..I'm right now living in King of Prussia and will be moving to Newtown next month. I have a 3.5 yr old boy and want to have some indian friends..It would be great to know..if somebody lives in newtown place apartments. Thanks!!

10. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

Bharat Bazaar is not as good as it used be. Hearing negative things about it..its not kept clean..things are scattered..people are rude..and so...its been quite some time since i have gone there. There is a apna baaar in the audubon shopping complex around 5miles from KOP mall(near millgrove and audubon apartments) and a patel store on mainstreet/ridgepike. Also there are lot of indian restaurants there spice kitche..dosa hut..biryani king and the new one which came up a couple of months ago was shagun...