1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Philadelphia ladies help

Discussion in 'Indians in Philadelphia' started by mahika, Apr 10, 2009.

1. mahika

mahika Bronze IL'ite

First of all i am sorry for posting this here but couldnot find any other section related to my query.
    As most of you know i am pregnant with my second kid ,DDate in aug end .My hubby got a project in King of prussia and will be moving very soon by end of this month .I will join him after he rents a apartment .
    Friends please suggest me which are reasonable areas around and in KOP .Which apartments are decent .Do most people prefer living there or live in some other city and drive there .
    I also have a son who is going to start school this year .so which school district are good .

2. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I dont know much abt that area, but i think KOP has lots of indians, downington is good with lots of great community. i heard that it gets very congested during peak traffic hours but never went there at that time. but it has good temples, produce shopping in that area.

Sorry couldn't be of much help. hope someone comes up with more info.
    Maybe you could ask some real estate agents abt the school and area.

Priya

3. lekha1

lekha1 New IL'ite

hi,
    my name is lekha i live in kop it very good place to live it is decent safe to live,lot of indian are staying in kop, indian stores also there, i suggest u to look valley forge suites appt,
    laffayetts appt ,
    abt school i guess upperr merion school is there but i dont abt that school,

good luck

4. lekha1

lekha1 New IL'ite

5. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Downingtown is way too far from KOP. I would recommend KOP itself or Audubon, PA. Colony Arms has many Indians, I heard. Colony Arms is fairly inexpensive. I believe that according to PA law, you HAVE to have a second bedroom for the third person ie., your son, in your family. Or at least a study that you can pretend is a second bedroom.

Isn't KOP relatively busier than say, Audubon/Oaks (asking people who live around there)?

This link maybe useful:

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Pennsylvania/Audubon/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. prikumar

prikumar New IL'ite

Hi We are a family of 3..we are moving to philly area by this month end. I need help with apartment search with good number of indian families. My husband's office is at morgantown..and he is ready to commute upto 40 -45 mins..good school district suggestions will also be helpful...Since I have a daughter..children around will be an added advantage..with music or dance classes.. awaiting for a quick reply...