Pet Peeves @ Work

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by peartree, Apr 10, 2019.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I started this thread becuse I really need to vent and realized that this is one of my biggest pet peeves at work!!

Mute the damn computer. I do not want to hear your IM alert everytime you get pinged. I don't understand how they don't find it annoying with the constant ring of a something like a bell. Similarly in meeting, email alerts with sounds or really any sounds enabled for clicking or whatever just is too distracting. I am already usually very distracted at meetings and these "alerts" just add anger to my already distracted state!!

Rant over.

Similar Threads
    1. harisur
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Another thing I hate is those calls on loudspeaker..Can't you get inside the meeting room and do the call?

Office whats-app groups should be banned from face of earth...

My rant over

3. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Discussion of personal matter loudly..catch up with your friend in the pantry..
    I'm not interested in your dirty laundry

4. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

My pet peeve at work:

"That team-mate" at work that will answer 2 questions about their part of the product in a quick 30 second conversation and then report that at the next day scrum call as "yesterday a.m., I helped @startinganew with her feature". And I scream in my head: Really?! :rolleyes:

But with my pet peeve I should also mention some intense sweetness:
    That team-mate who will login at 2:30am in the night because she knew I am working on a customer issue and was checking in to see if I needed some one to bounce ideas off. Stays up for two hours troubleshooting with me and then doesn't even bring it up in the next day scrum's call. (I thank her profusely publicly at scrum and privately too.)

So I tell myself, there is hope and love even in the workplace. :p

SunPa likes this.