Personal Loans - Help me

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by uma321, Aug 25, 2008.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Friends,
    I thought of getting a personal loan but don't know any info abt this. means, I want to know what to do to get minimal % of interest. I heard people saying we'll get less % of interest if we go my known people. I don't know anyone in banks. And what are all the things I should keep in mind before going through. I need it within a month. So, not possible to go to government banks. Please suggest me which bank is goog for personal service. Till how much I can go for the interest? How long will it take and more info. please let me know.
    It would be a great help!

Thanks,
    Uma

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

uma,

Personal loans are now available from all banks. the interest rates are higher. do call up the banks and find out. getting personal loans out of private sector banks is easier then public. as long as you are able to pay the interest rate demanded.

For applying for a personal loan you should
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CWindows%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    either be salaried or self employed but should be a resident Indian.

If you are professional, and self employed also you get a loan. (Practicing doctors, CA)

The minimum age of the Applicant should be 21 years and maximum being 58 for salaried and 65 for self employed.

The minimum years in continuous employment / business should be 1 year for salaried individuals and 2 years for self-employed individuals.

The minimum net annual income should be Rs.75,000 p.a. [FONT=&quot]
    The minimum stay at current residence should be 1 year[/FONT]

along with satisfying all these criteria, you have provide proof of identity, proof of residence, financial statements.

Regarding the interest rates, it differs according to the bank and its discretion.

Andhra bank charges 16.5%
    Axis - 15 to 23% depending on the category you fall.
    Bank of india - 13.5 to 14.25 (I think they offer the lowest)
    citibank - 15 to 24 (i think getting a loan from them is the easiest)
    icicibank - 12 to 24 (12 may be to their staff??)
    you could ask the banks.

hope this helps.

3. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

darrylrio,
    Thanks a lot. Its an useful information.

4. mrl

mrl New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Interest Rate in Axis bank is 15% and the processing fee will be 1.25%.
    Ur loan amount is based on ur income ie 12 times of ur income.
    If you are salaried, you need to submit last 3 months payslip and a photograph. You will get the amount creditied to ur account within 4 to 7 working days.

5. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the info mrl. Its an old question. Now, I came through the situation now. :)

Anyways, Thanks for all. Your information will be useful in the future :)