Persistent fever, cough and cold of my son; please help

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by baby1, Jun 16, 2010.

1. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    My 4 year old son is having cough, cold and fever from last 15 days and taking medicine from NMC clinic in Musaffah. They have already taken blood test, urine test, and the x-ray test twice in these last 2 weeks time. All the reports are normal and hence the doctor is not able to diagnose the actual cause for the persistent fever, cough and cold. Since this clinic is not having too much facility, the doctor has now asked us to go to any other hospital in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Abu Dhabi</st1:place></st1:City> where they can take some other extra tests for diagnosing the cause for persistent fever.
    I request you, if any one has experienced the same situation for your kid, then please refer me the good hospital/ doctor name in Abu Dhabi for taking proper treatment for my son. He has already become weak in these 2 weeks time but there is no improvement in his health.
    Any body having the idea of this kind of situation, please help.

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Baby
    Can understand what you are gng thru , I also have going to turn 1 yr old daughter who was also having high fever as high as 102, 103 but didn't have any throat, ear , or chest infection ! Dr suggested to do the Urine test , and it came out as Urine Infection , its been almost 15 days that Im not able to rest in peace as hoping whenever the Urine sample is given , for it to be normal . Her Urine test is again lined up on the 26th of this month ! Hope by then the Infection would have subsided ! She has also weight and has become pretty Irritable !
    Im based out of Dubai so will not be able suggest good Dr or Hospital in AD, but wish Speedy recovery of your lil one !! I know it kills everytime seeing your child in pain !

3. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

Yes, shivani, hoping for the speedy recovery of my son. Wish the same for your daughter too. Thanks for your concern. Take care.

4. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

hi baby1,

from my own experience and from friends advices, i would suggest u go to Ahalia hospital in abu dhabi....we have lots of pedeatricians here. personally, i feel Dr. Krishnakumar is good for treatment...try it...praying for a speedy recovery to ur kid....get well soon...bye

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  5. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

hi
    Don;t worry .... i went thru the same probs.

As gayabala06 said, Dr.Krishnakumar is good and i visited him for my son also. His diagonisis is perfect.

SH.Kalifa is best for proper treatment. They have alllllllllll facilities and doctors are too good.

I took my son thrice there.....

I will pray for your little one to be alight fast. You take care of yourself and don;t worry.
    Regards
    Mrs.N

6. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

thank you jaya for your support and wishes. we are continuing with the present medicine course. if he is not recovering, then will definitely visit ahalia for further treatment. thanks.

7. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

hi baby1,

how is ur son now? seems very busy? why no mails as well? i suppose u got kannad movie DVDs and started enjoying it...keep in touch..bye

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. september

september Bronze IL'ite

i would suggest you to take him to any govt hospital like SKMC or mafraq , if he doesnt recover soon ...as they have good facilites for lab and other things .
    and need not run around to get things done .

9. sethu_m_s

sethu_m_s Senior IL'ite

Dont worry.My son also had fever which lasted for 15-20 days last month.We went to Ahalia for treatment.The fever may be due to climate change and they wont eat anything when they have fever.It is better not to force them.But give them enough water, juices,Rice water etc to keep them hydrated .Try to give him semi liquid food as it will digest easily.Give him enough rest and he will be alright soon.Take care.

10. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

My son is fine now. He has recovered from the earlier medicine itself which we got from NMC, musaffah. The pediatrician, there is good but the clinic is too crowded as all the musaffah parents rush to the same doctor for their kids.
    The fever was just because of viral infection, but because of bad time my son had to suffer for a long time. Dears it happens some times. You know anything can happen any time with anybody.
    Thanks for the reply dears, all of you take very good care of yourself and your babies. Thanks.

Hi gayyu,
    Not yet got the movie cds…actually I am searching for kannada movie cds from the time I came here. But don’t know where it is available.
    How is your baby, dear? Will mail u…take care.

Dear September, congrats on your pregnancy.
    I agree with you that the facility in mafraq is very good and running around esp. with babies can be avoided there…that is the biggest advantage, even though the fee is more.
    Where are you visiting for your regular checkups? Did u decide on choosing the hospital for delivery? Wish you a safe and smooth delivery. Take care.

Dear sethu, handling the kids when sick is a big task esp. when it comes to feeding the medicine, as all the effective medicines are very bitter in taste. I had a very bad experience with this, as I had to feed him the required per day quota of medicine only little by little after some duration. Finally, my son is well now. and yes, I was giving him liquid and semi liquid foods only so as to make him easy for digestion.
    Thank you and take care.