1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Periods Hell.

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 14, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

What is this hell? As I mentioned earlier my periods are heavy and lasting for 13 -14 days. I experimented with birth control per doctors advice to get them under control. But in July I had bleeding for one month continuously finally mid august it stopped and exactly when it stopped my 10 year old daughter started her periods !!! What is this hell ? Is it something we’re doing ?? 14 days for me 8 days for my daughter 22 days in a month !

I have developed a phobia to periods even before my daughter got her periods now my daughter is there too !! I’m having a breakdown.
    What is this periods nuisance ??

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Have you looked into Mirena for yourself. It reduces period flow.

Regarding your daughter, 10 is very common age to start menstrual cycle nowadays. Don't worry.
    Just teach her hygiene.
    Please don't pass your phobia on to her.

shravs3 likes this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

OP, i suffer from the same issue. My periods don't come on time. If they do, then it usually lasts for up to a month or month and a half.

First thing i did was go for a proper check-up to know if there was anything triggering it. After several check-ups, i came to understand that it was just stress and my own body's way of reacting to stress which was causing it.

So now, i have just made it a part of my life. I don't hate it or have an aversion to it since i understand that its my body's way of getting rid of waste.

Initially my doctor gave me strips of tablets to help combat this issue but i hated surviving on those pills month on month and also they hardly did anything to stop the periods. i have stopped taking those pills.

I have taken up yoga, meditation and exercise to keep me fit and help reduce stress. In addition, i take iron supplements and iron rich food to help maintain my hemoglobin levels.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I had this period issue for a long time. But unfortunately I thought it was normal.
    Everyone around me said, having period pain is so common, having heavy period is also normal among some women and what not.
    Apart from PMS, I had severe stomach pain and I did not know what is the line between normal & abnormal period pain.
    The heavy flow, long days and all that made my life so difficult, especially when I had to travel constantly for work.
    Apart from period, of late I started having noticeable pain during ovulation as well, and what I read from the internet said it was normal too.

I think, the whole world needs awareness around period. Because we don't talk much about this sensitive issue, even though most of us have this problem.

One fine day in January, I started having mild stomach pain - known as period pain a day before my period started, and the pain became severe as time passed. At around 10pm, just before going to bed it became so severe, and intense. I could not walk or relax my legs, and it felt someone cuts my stomach open without anesthesia. It felt so raw, and un believably painful.
    None of the home remedies worked. When I took the pain-killer I vomited and I was in deep pain till 12.30 am, after that it reduced. My H and mom gave me hot and cool packs to the pain area, and we all stayed awake till early morning.
    That time I had just landed in a new country, and didn't know how the health system work there. So, waited till I see a colleague to resort to the hospital.

The doctor did both abdominal & virginal scanning and concluded that I have severe endometriosis that had spread to the rectum and bladder apart from my uterus. Besides, I had a large cyst in one of my ovaries. Both cases are unrelated, but symptoms were much similar to each other.

I was on birth control pill on and off, and then my periods got regulated. But this was something I did not imagine before.

Again I was on birth control pills, and the pain was drastically reduced in the coming month.

Again in May, I experienced similar pain and this time I was in my home country and hence got admitted in the local hospital right away.
    They performed the same scan, and told me that I should go for a hysterectomy right away.
    They feared the big C, and if that is the case I would be in the advanced stage because it has spread all over there.

The surgery was so painful, and the recovery wasn't smooth either. Despite having two c-sections, I dreaded this surgery at the age of 40.
    But thank god, the histology report came back negative. The cysts was benign and endometrial tissue was also non cancerous.

Now I am battling hormonal imbalance and surgical menopause symptoms. But I am thankful for having this second chance in life.

Kindly visit a doctor, and have a full abdominal check up. You never know what is your body is fighting with.

Good health is the only wealth!

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes poor thing. I got this phobia 2-3 years ago just in time for her. For me in 10-12 years we will hit menopause. But she has a whole life ahead. This is the biggest nightmare. I don’t want to torment her.

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

And moreover my daughter was a normal 9 year old kid. But in the 11 months I started birth control I saw her start puberty and now finish it too!! I did not wash my hands after taking birth control. Could that have caused this issue !! Gosh. Poor daughter. !!

7. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I dont think so. Please dont transfer your phobia to her. Many girls attain puberty early. So its the new normal.
    Venting wont help your situation or bleeding. You may get idea on the treatment options in this link
    Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding) - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic

Consult doctor. I dont think we can help much than supporting you.

8. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

BIG NO

9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes that is what I have made up mind. I should not tell her any of my feelings. Nothing at all. Just tell her minimum basics like wash ur hands , change frequently.

please share what else I should be telling her. Of course I am asking friends too but sometimes we get more info here as we do not know each other.

but main irony is July was the absolute breaking point for me. Doc says she can’t do anything unless she sees me but I am not in a position to even go as it’s so heavy. One month of heavy bleeding !! ? I never experienced anything like that !! Next month I hear my daughters news. Just an irony and weird situation.

10. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes I am just venting here. Thank you all for being so patient with me