Periods delayed.. confused..

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sahanasri, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Hello IL,

I have few questions on early symptoms of pregnancy. I usually get my periods around 25 - 27 days of my cycle. I got my periods on 25th of feb '10 and I expected it around 26 or 27th of march. But till date I did not get it. We are TTC.
    I am so confused if I could be pregnant now ?!! I tried searching on the internet about the common symptoms of pregnancy and found I have only missed period and heartburn. I feel little bit of breast tenderness. i.e. they are very sensitive from the day I expected my periods. For the last 4 - 5 days I feel some burning sensation in the stomach and throat in the morning when I get up from bed, sometimes thru out the day.
    I am yet to take HPT. Please help me dear ILs with ur suggestions..I am very much confused with the symptoms I have... :confused2:

Waiting for ur replies,

Sahana.

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Sahana

My personal opinion.. never trust these symptoms. It can be very misleading.I used to get all these symptoms when I started ttc only to be disappointed in the end. Since it is more than a week past your expected periods date, do a HPT and that will clear all your concerns. If your HPT turns out negative unfortunately, you might want to talk to your gynaec to see why your periods are getting delayed.

Lots of baby dust to you.. Hope you get a BFP in your HPT..:thumbsup

3. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Thanx a lot VLR for ur quick response... I am planning to get a HPT done.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sahana,
    Don't track those silly symptoms. Not all get the same symptom or not everyone get some symptoms to confirm pregnancy.

Just do a HPT after a weak or two after you miss your periods & meet your gynec with the results.
    Hope in HPT it turns positive to you.

Stay positive. Take care of yourself. Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Baby dust to you.

5. mahabaskaran

mahabaskaran New IL'ite

hai sahanasri

be relax stay cool . try hpt after a week . and meet the gynac

don't get excited . be positive . god will shower the happy showers on u

:thumbsup mahalakshmi sriram

6. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Wow... one week after missed period and you still haven't tested? :bowdown:bowdown you are sooo patient!! Good luck on the HPT :thumbsup

7. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi Sahana!

Do not worry, this pressure can lead you to the negative results. Just stay cool and be positive, generally people say after 45 days of you missed period one cane have hopes and tested. so if you have patience and would like to do so, then goahead, otherwise if you want to do a hpt now, that is also fine dear, hope you get the positive result. best of luck.

8. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Hey ppl,

I did HPT yesterday and it came out positive :). I feel very happy abt that. Planning to take an appoinment with the doc in next week. Can any of you help me understand what to expect during the check up with the gynec.

And, as such I have no symptoms except that at times I feel some acid like thing in my mouth. (kind of metallic taste)..!!!

What does the gynec normally do during the first check up.??

Sorry for too many questions since this is my first appoinment with a gynec..

Thanks,
    Sahana.

9. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Thanks Bhavani for ur kind reply !!!

10. Sahanasri

Sahanasri New IL'ite

Yes Vids I was bit too patient to test it since I was afraid that it may turn negative..