Period length decresing

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyav_cse, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi Gals,

We have been TTC for the last 5 months and a change Ive been noticing these days is that the length of my period has been decreasing...the last 2 cycles all that I had was a day of spotting and then 2 days of full period and it stops with that. Before marriage it used to be 4 days and then after a few cycles after marriage, it came down to 3 and now itz 2...Is this something I need to get worried about or does it need medical attention? Im 26, Hypothyroid and a victim of PCOS :(

2. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CIndu%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Ramya,

Hypothyroid/hyperthyroid (hormone imbalance) can cause the changes in periods, it can be less or more. Once your thyroid levels are under control, you can have your periods normal and same every month, though it varies from month to month depending on your thyroid level for that particular month. This is my little knowledge, as I too have hypothyroid, but now its under control since a year and half. But still sometimes I do have flexible periods, depending on what I ate that month. Till a year ago, I used to bleed for 20 days, and sometimes only for 2days like that. Actually I used to bleed first and second days and after that little spotting for 2more days that were my actual periods till I got married. After marriage I have this imbalance problem. That time when I consulted my physician she told all these due to thyroid imbalance. It may vary from person to person, in my case thyroid imbalance was the reason. Also if you are newly married, that might be the reason too. But if you are not sure, its always good to consult and have an advise from your doctor. Baby dust to you.

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks Bhavani....Ive been married for 2 yrs n not sure if this is the reason and also I have been taking thyroid pills for 1.5 yrs and when I tested in january this year, my TSH was 1.4...so I guess even that is normal...the only different thing happening with me is that I had put on a lot of weight bcoz of thyroid n other factors n now Im in the process of reducing it...my periods went hay wire with the weight n Ive been getting them properly for the last few months...Ill consult my gyn to know if this needs to be addressed but the issue here in the US is, most gyn's brush off these things saying it is normal and since we juz had all the tests conducted only 2 months back, we wont have to worry...itz juz them...

4. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CIndu%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> You’re welcome Ramya, Gaining lot of weight might be the reason, anyways, if you think everything (tests) is alright, then no need to worry, I guess. I’d say no matter how long is your periods, does matter how regular is your periods, if yours is regular, then it won’t be any problem. It’s always better to talk to your doctor, if you still have any concerns about it. I wish you all the best and baby dust to you.