Period Delay Pills During Ttc.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mypriya, Jul 27, 2017.

1. mypriya

mypriya New IL'ite

Hi All ,

I usually have 32 days cycle. My period is due on 5th Aug. Since v have Varalakshmi Poojai on 4th, my MIL wants me to take period delay tablets.

We have been trying to conceive for almost an yr now. No luck. Is it advisable to take those pills in this stage? Will ti affect the baby, if i'm pregnant? And also please let me know the pills name
    Kindly advice.

2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

No Certainly not.

3. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi priya

We had a session with gynaecologist in our company as part of women's day. The doctor suggested it is not advisable to take such pills since they cause hormonal imbalance..so its better you consult your gynaecologist and seek her advice on the matter...

regarding varamahalxmi vratha..there is a provision to celebrate in one of the other fridays of shravana month if due to such reasons woman cannot perform on the day of the festival

sindmani likes this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

It is upto whether you want to mess with your cycle considering you are ttc currently. Tell your MIL that you would like to perform the puja some other week.

sindmani likes this.
  5. vashin

vashin New IL'ite

hi dear,
    I'll advice you to not to mess up with the nature. let it be. For some ppl nothing changes happens. but some are experiencing the side effects as changes in cycle, pimples, headaches, over bleeding etc.. Consult your gynecologist if you are not changing the plan. Avoid intake of pills by yourself.

sindmani likes this.
  6. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Pls take a stand..Avoid such tablets.. better consult your gynaec. Your mil may not understand the woes of a TTC women..But women like you and me understand very well. So better safe than sorry..