Perineal Massage, Primrose Oil

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by FreshStart, May 24, 2013.

1. FreshStart

FreshStart New IL'ite

Hi IL's,

I am currenty 37 weeks and my OB/GYN gave me a sheet with instructions on how to do a perineal massage. The sheet also has instructions on inducing labor at 38 weeks by using Primrose Oil capsules orally and to insert some in the vagina.

Have anyone of you used any of these in your last weeks of pregnancy ? Please advice.

Thanks

2. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Hi FS, not sure of primrose oil massage; sorry for not being much of a help on that topic. However thought of sharing my labor story with you. My OB/GYN suggested inducing labor in the 38th week. I didn't want the labor to be induced in non-natural way. Hence did lots of walking and had sex with hubby during the final weeks of my pregnancy. Finally, two days after my expected delivery date, my water broke and went into labor. All the best to you!

3. FreshStart

FreshStart New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be so open but Could you please clarify if you used any particular positions for sex during 38th week of pregnancy ? Coz me and my hubby have refrained sex from last 9 months. We are so scared to get anything in the vagina and eventually hurt the pregnancy and baby.

But if sex helps to induce labor then this late in pregnancy, when I have a mountain tummy on myself, how to let my hubby over it ?

Thanks