1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect Match

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BhargaviChakravarthy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    [[Anitha is an imaginary character]]

Anitha is very choosy and selective about her dress,outfits.She insists on perfect(200%) match blouse for any saree.This does not mean others don’t have a dress sense.The difference is they don’t lay much importance on that.Everybody wish to look good, feel good.Normally we are not crazy about that.When anitha finds some one in her office or her relatives who wears kurtis which is not an exact match for the bottom pants or a blouse which does not accurately (not approximately)go with the saree ,out of her intolerance she immediately reacts to them and pour a hundred suggestions on the importance of how to look fit, maintaining dress code and the list goes on.

All that is fine.I really appreciate her attitude of smart dressing ,her beauty consciousness which in turn boosts our self esteem,confidence. But??Not at the cost of giving our total self towards it. I not only point this aspect alone,whatever be the case let us strike a balance on it.Why we rely on it completely???Anitha want everything to be orderly in life.She expects perfect cleanliness and organizes tasks in such a way.She wants her towels ,hand kerchiefs to be kept inside the cup board only and not to be positioned somewhere except for the time it has to dry otherwise it should not hang on the clothes line in the balcony.Her pillow covers should match bed spreads, curtains , not relaxing her rules atleast for a day.The painbombs must be placed only inside the medicine cabinet when taken outside ,the postion should not be change even mistakenly .

Anitha cares even for small things in life,takes active interest .So her life goes this way.When she distributes her marriage invitation to her friends in the office,every one was eagerly awaiting for the occasion.Not for relaxing or enjoying but wants to know how her selection goes in choosing a life partner who expects perfectness and exact match for all things.It is a climax which is long awaited and expected by the audience(who were adviced and guided by her ).On anitha’s marriage occasion, her friends did not know how to react when she introduced the bride groom.Every one expected the groom may be handsome,good looking,well dressed as anitha is ,but the scenario was entirely different.

Here the stress and emphasis is not on the bridegroom but on anitha’s selection.He looked dark, stout wearing a dull colour shirt and a dark colour pant which is not a perfect match to the shirt.What went wrong?Does anitha really liked the groom, that can never be the case.Don’t look at the factors or situations which forced her to accept the marriage proposal.Let that be aside.A person who thinks and acts sharply in every small situation in day today life,failed to choose a partner which matches her requirements .

I again stress that there will be different views on this.Like you may argue that anitha would have really liked the groom.But that is not what I wanted to convey.I stress on the attitude of anitha who look for small things carefully and gave up her taste, choices ,ideas on marriage which is an important moment in life .

Similar Threads
    1. jaisapmm
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. svrlax
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Kamalji
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nicely conveyed the message, you wanted to convey.
    This what happens in day-to-day life.

Immediately what came to my mind is the proverb--'Pennywise and pound foolish'.
    It may be..

but on a second thought I think that she must have met her match based on the 'inner feeling' which maybe called the 'inner beauty' of the groom.

Perfect match for a life is not based on the outward appearance but relies on the inner beauty of the partners...

Perfectionism in the materialistic world is acceptable, but for life that doesn't work out...

sriniketan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

BC,

Life has a way of throwing things a different tangent when least expected, the same case with Anitha.

may be it is a case of opposites attract...and her inner self clicked..or she had her own reasons...

Maybe she understood, that life is not about perfect match.....

I have seen the same happening to one of my friend and my ex-colleague. he was patience personified, a very humble person, who was very particular appearances and all...well you guessed it, when I met his wife, I was shocked..after the meeting, we kind of got lost in touch...never got to trace him...

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear srini,
    Do u know?When i was thinking a title for this post,What first striked me was"Penny wise pound foolish".Everything is fine.She would have met her match (inner feeling).

I agree that perfect match is not to be judged by the external appearance.But i am speaking based on the attitude of anitha.Your statements are 200% right.Perfectionism does not work out for life.

Some people refuse to spend money even for basic requirements.They think twice before spending money .We will say "He knows the value of money"(chikkanam" in tamil).But on the end of the day he will loose or miss a big amount to some third person.This relates to the proverb "Penny wise and pound foolish" So this is what happened for anitha.

But let me tell you,aniths'a born nature will never go.Even aftyer getting married she still will start with her routine attitude(perfection,cleanlines,dress sense).

Thanks for ur realistic feedback.....

BC

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear BC,
    A message well conveyed.Not everything in life can be a perfect match and if it is, then life would be dull and boring.So may be in Anitha's case she had realised that she needs a code cracker(?), who does not dress/keeps things as she does.

Let me think over on this more and come again.

6. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi dear shanvy,
    Thanks for stepping in.She (anitha) can have her own reasons.Definitely "opposites attract" can also be the case.

May be she would have got tired after analysing each and every small aspect of life so on the moment of finalising her marriage proposal,she would not have perfectly matched(evaluated).

As i replied to srini that even after her marriage she will start with her born attitude.So the probability of anitha thinking that life is not abt perfect match is low.

Thanks for sharing a coincidence(the case with ur friend)...........

Thanks for ur valuable feedback.......

BC

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

Vow aishu,
    If everything in life goes perfect and smooth then there won't be any thrill in life.That's right.But anitha realising suddenly may not be the case(i hope).That is what i replied to shanvy and srini.In tamil we say("anju viralum onna irukka").If it is like that,there will not be any functioning at all.

Yes aishu ....come again interesting like now............

BC

8. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Nice write up, loved reading it. But I just wanted to know don't we all have a bit of anitha inside us. In our efforts to have a beautiful home not for others to see and admire but rather for us to be centered in we often overlook the most important and practical aspect of life. But as they say it takes all kind to make this world go round. Anitha must have found a lost cause in her man.....May be after a few days you take a look at him and would wonder was he the same man that she married...you never know......

Warm wishes,

Aqua.

9. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi

Nice writeup. I see it in a positive way. When selecting a life partner, Anitha might have looked at the strength of his character, which cannot be groomed, either its there or its not.

She knew that even if the groom did't have the dressing sense which she wants, she may cajole him to dress as per her wishes. These things could be tackled easily and won't affect the relationship in long run, but what if he is not mentally compatible. Will she be able to tackle such things?

Choosing inanimate things and matching them is different from choosing the life-partner. One has to look with a different perspective.

Best wishes
    Ansh

10. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear aquamarine,
    thanks a lot for ur appreciations.Hats off to ur question??
    ""But I just wanted to know don't we all have a bit of anitha inside us. "".Definitely not a bit but we would have had a more of anitha.The efforts to have a beautiful home and a perfect dress sense,fantacy world is fine.But as i said in the very begining do we have to rely on it totally.Should we feel that we cannot live otherwise.That is what is anitha doing.But so sad we are all dominated by the practical aspects of life as u said i.e our comfort thinking and dreams goes in for a short period.As u said anitha would have changed the man completely after marriage.That can also be the case.But they can all be only assumptions.Assumptions can be right or wrong.

Thanks again a lot for ur appreciation and feedback.

BC