1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

perculiar behaviors!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aparnaram, Sep 29, 2010.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Priya_Mommy,

Yeah yeah now I get it..
    She's 'super worried' that you'll pull your hubby towards you with your cooking!! :biglaugh

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

shrikala,

such is the position of her in the family and im the one that came to split such happy family. :biglaugh

that's what my in laws think about me.
    MIL loves my co-sister like no body's business that I think MIL wouldn't mind falling on her feet in 1 or 2 years time.
    My in laws have known my co-sister and her family for years even before she married my BIL.

Co-sister is extremely nice to the rest in the family and nice to me when others are around. But she's rude to me when we both are alone.
    She'll say something to hurt me but laugh it off as if she didn't mean it.
    I know she's expecting me to create a fight, so that everyone would think they were all so happy till I came to create a mess in their 'don't know what to say' family!!

Sometimes our hubby's also go insane, not trusting us their wife but rather workship their SIL. :rant

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  3. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

one more peculiar stuff this time courtesy hubby. he said i am soooo cheap to think bad about what is like a mother-son relationship when i told that i will not tolerate it if he continues to do things as to encourage her silly drama.
    so he would keep her entertained ignoring me on the day of our wedding, talk about how her daughter resembles her like 100 times during that day and keep sending his pictures to her and she becomes the saint just for saying he is like a son to her and i am cheap for telling i feel uncomfortable with over affections :bonk

your post made me realize that i shouldnt be doing anything to create a fight. wow they would have a field day and we end up being the losers.

4. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

courtesy MIL. Once she accidentally put thoor dhal in channa dhal dabba and when i came to kitchen she told that and added: in olden days, MILs used to deliberately mix dhals and grains and ask DILs to seperate them. what to do all DILs and MIL would be home and this is how they create fight and pass time:bonk

i said, i was thinking about offering to seperate the dhals, now that you have mentioned this, i will get out of your sight now. :crazy

5. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

shrikala, sadwife... not sure how you gals bear with such behavior from your Hs... H fighting with us for his sister itself is so irritating... but H fighting for his SIL is simply insane... How can any sensible guy give more preference to brothers wife than his own??? :bowdown

6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

shrikala, you are the winner of this thread, :bowdown to you for dealing with such peculiar behaviors and still keeping you sanity intact

7. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

:)
    This forum helps me a lot, a lot... i am almost always here reading to get some guidance or a different perspective from different threads.
    i loose it on days when hubby dont even care to call for days together (he has gone to settle some issues at his work without a definite return date)
    he says i am having unneccessary thoughts, whatever i say in this regard is crap for him. very rude and cruel with words. dont know how to handle.
    from all your replies here, i feel better now. thank you very much.

8. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

My FIL is from kerala - so rice eaters.The day he landed at my house i prepared rice sambar papad cabbage pickle etc.I put the rice on his plate and poured sambar over his rice - his comment to his son - "Is this the way to pour sambar on rice" How many ways can you pour samabr over rice??? Is there a special dance you do before poring sambar over rice???

9. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

i non-applied the 'try until you succeed' advice. once i understood his behavior to an extent, i started being very cautious in what i am saying to him except on days when i get overwhelming feeling that life turned out to be like this.
    initially i tell him if he is insensitive or rude, he will say thats how i am, good you got to know me, behave accordingling blah blah... oh very cruel to listen to. next day he will say sorry and he will be nice and he doesnt know how to deal with women, blah blah... very next day if i remind him he should be not rude, he will say who asked u to believe me yesterday. this is how i am, etc, etc.... :bonk
    how to deal with such people. i ignore inlaws but my husband? i just hope he realizes what he does sooner. if he is in general like that then i would have just cursed fate but with friends, his side family he is nice and goes down to any level to please them.

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Psych,
    hehe, humorous!!! Does pouring sambar require a special dance???
    God's grace, I dont know!!!otherwise I have to dance hell lot of times as sambar is one major dish everyday at home.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010