1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pepsi TV ... A Myth???

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Recently I was seeing ad on TV from last couple of months where Shahrukh Khan asks TV cable operators to put Pepsi TV channel in his cable. They have not heard about Pepsi TV and Shahrukh khan was die hard on getting that channel. Seeing the ad, I was under impression that a new channel Pepsi TV is soon launching.

Suddenly, y'day I saw the sequel of same ad where Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor arrive and put a straw with Pepsi in Shahrukh Khan's mouth. Their line was "Drink Pepsi while watching TV and make any ordinary channel a Pepsi Channel"

I was confused...what the heck was all this about? Is Pepsi TV a new channel to be launched or was it just an ad for Pepsi soft drink? Was my wait for some bubbly Pepsi Channel a waste? :confused:

2. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re:AD 'O" AD

Hi

Of course it was an AD ......a creative AD.....In tamil instead of Old Shahrukh its young and Charming Surya......its just creating suspense and then after somedays opening up the ad behinfd the same..infact I think its one of the most successful Govt ad which started this tren which said "Pullirajavikku AIDS varuma" i.e. whether Pulliraja will get aids.....then people started thinking who this Pulliraja is........and then the next ad came which said yes, Pulliraja will get aids if........the reasons for acqiring aids wer given.........of late, this format seems to be reaching the mass at the earliest...........

3. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Pepsi Channel was hyped in all the ads, interviews and the serials. Coca cola company even went to the extent of counter advertisements of brand for softdring and not for TV channel. And at the last, they just said to drink Pepsi while watching any TV channel. I dont think Pepsi can make the boring serials on Sony TV (full of ads), or Star Plus or Zee TV any bubbly.

4. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

The hotties

Whatever, the ad was all about. I liked to watch Hotties Kareena kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Shahrukh Khan was his usual best :p The concept of making any TV Pepsi TV by drinking Pepsi was good !!!

5. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Movie stars in Ads

Hi,

Taking big movie stars in Product Commercials is a trend now. But, I feel the quality of Advertisement should be good rather than Big Stars in the TV Ads. The present ad of Coca Cola with Aishwarya Rai "Thande ka tadka" is just dumb ad. Compared to that, the Fevicol Ads with no big stars are so catchy, the Asian Paints ads with "Wah sunil babu" liner, and the recent Indica Glex ad with "Dumb...Dumb...Dumb" jingle are more mind-lasting and catchy.

Pepsi ad with big stars like Shahrukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and their much hyped Pepsi TV also did not do the trick ! I personally did not find that ad very bubbly on TV.

6. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Oh...so Pepsi TV is not a channel???

Oh...my...I thought Pepsi TV is going to be a channel coming up shortly.

I thought they are keeping it a suspense by just creating the inquisitiveness for what this Pepsi TV is all about.

I agree with AGR, that has been the trend of all ads recently - just creative the inquisitiveness...